“It's all about the Swedish Pancakes”
Review of Stockholm Inn

Stockholm Inn
Ranked #4 of 365 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: American, Swedish, Norwegian, Scandinavian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It's a nosy place, always a long wait on the weekends, the parking lot isn't fun to navigate when things are busy. It features an explosion of Swedish decor and a never-ending pot of coffee. It's not fancy, it's not exactly pretty, it's not the absolute best place you will ever eat. The prices seem in line with the chains that serve breakfast. That said....

Forget about what else is on the menu--try the Swedish pancakes. I don't waste my time on the other offerings--I stick to what this place is all about. (Okay, I admit that I once had the oatmeal and it was good, but really--what was I thinking???!) TRY THE SWEDISH PANCAKES! If you go to a Swedish restaurant for breakfast, I suggest you should stick to the specialties.

If Stockholm Inn is still holding their dinner buffet on Saturday nights and if you have a hankering for "real" Swedish food, this is the belt-busting place to go. It's the only time I'll veer from the standard order....I save Swedish Pancakes for dessert when bellying up to the buffet bar. If you're lucky, a small band will be present to play music while you enter your food coma.

It's a good place to hold small meetings or family gatherings, as they have private rooms available, the price is reasonable and the food is served quickly.

No, Rockford is not Sweden....but, we do have a lot of Swedish people in town, so know that they recognize a good Swedish Pancake when they eat one.

My only complaint:I have no idea why they have that giant TV screen on the wall in the dining room. They should get rid of that thing. There's no need for it and it's a distraction from the actual place. Fly the flag of Sweden in place of that monstrocity!

rockfordswede, Owner at Stockholm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

thanks for taking the time to review and give us suggestions ! we also appreciate it.

I will pass along you thoughts to our staff.

thanks again,
have a nice weekend......

Denny Johnson, President

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Saturday night smorgasbord has all your favorites from the Stockholm Inn including breads, rolls, kroppkakor, meatballs, meatloaf, ham, etc, and a table loaded with desserts.. Serving time is from 4:00-8:00 pm, and you will probably wait about 15 minutes to get seated. But believe me when I say it is worth the wait. The cost is a little of $11.00 and the food is fantastic. You should not leave hungary or diasappointed.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We always enjoy eating here because of the Scandinavian decor and food. They have great Swedish pancakes with lingonberry sauce. I enjoy the fried herring and their buffet is good too.

1  Thank 685JimM
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you are looking for true Scandinavian cooking, this is the place for you. From the pancakes, to the buffets to the bakery, all have the home made taste and true Scandinavian flavors. The gift shop is also a must see.

thanks so much for you positive comments about Stockholm Inn. We work hard to make Rockford proud of the restaurant.

I will pass along your comments to the staff !

thanks

denny johnson, president

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stockholm Inn has the best Swedish pancakes. They are just like the ones my mother used to make when I was a child. If you have ever been to Al Johnson's in Door County and thought their famous Swedish pancakes were good then you will be in for a surprise because Stockholm Inn's are so much better! They also serve big portions so you wont leave hungry.