“A little bit of old Rockford, very Swedish-American, and delightful decor”
Review of Stockholm Inn

Stockholm Inn
Ranked #4 of 360 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: American, Swedish, Norwegian, Scandinavian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This might sound funny, but if you're female, be sure to visit the bathroom. It's quite cute!

This is a nice addition to restaurant choices in Rockford. I really can't stand chain restaurants (well, I do like Chipotle).

Swedish Pancakes: Pretty good, but could have a little more flavor, probably vanilla extract.

My favorite things at this restaurant are the Swedish Pea soup on Tuesdays and Thursdays (it's too thick for my taste, so I ask the server to bring me a little pot of hot water to thin it down. But, it's the real deal) AND the cardamon roll that comes with any dinner.

My one complaint is that a lot of the specials are based on red meat.

The coffee is okay. It's cheap, as I guess that's the main concern of a lot of the customers. Too bad.

There's a gift shop in the front of the store, and it has lovely items from Scandinavia.

If you're from out-of-town, this is a nice place to visit for a very casual meal and get a feel for the Swedish heritage of Rockford.

There are newer reviews for Stockholm Inn

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The food and service is always great at this place. the all you can eat Sunday breakfast buffet is wonderful. Monday night special was lasagna and it was delicious. the portion was very generous and it was if I remember correctly, only $7.50. My girlfriend and i as well as my 2 brothers were in Rockford for my mothers funeral and all but my girlfriend have eaten here many times in the past. She said that this was her favorite of restaurants we went to while in Rockford. I understand that one of the owners is Rick Neilson of the rock band Cheap Trick. It is nice to know that they do not rip you off and the food is wonderful. they even have a really nice Swedish gift store at the restaurant.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

There isn't anything that isn't good about Stockholm Inn's Breakfast! The absolute best swedish pancakes anywhere in town and any where around.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Wonderful food - must order Swedish pancakes. They have recently started a weekend breakfast buffet - for your big eaters this will be a hit. Interesting atmosphere in this very large restaurant. We are at this restaurant - which is 40 minutes away - once a month

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Swedish Pancakes are the best in Rockford! Other restaurants try to compete, but none can match the distinctive recipe of Stockholm Inn!! Try them with the Lingonberries too!!