“Absolute Best Indian Food Period!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taste of India - CLOSED

Taste of India
Cuisines: Indian
Cherry Valley, Illinois
“Absolute Best Indian Food Period!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

If you're in the mood for Indian ... this is the place to go! Very nice atmosphere and friendly staff serve you the best Indian food in the area. I am a butter chicken fan, so I order the chicken makhani and it is spot on every time. The tika masala is perfect too!
If you love to try a little bit of everything, then stop by for their lunch buffet!! For $10 you get many options and you can always go up for more! Certainly the best deal in town for lunch considering the quantity and quality of what you get!

Visited April 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They charged me tip on carry out!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I got charged 18% gratuity on a carry out! Also, the tip was charged after taxes, not before taxes. I ordered dinner portion during lunch. Food was decent but not worth the price for the portion on the fish masala.$13.95 for a half quart size. The shrimp I ordered was good. But, the whole nickel and diming me really effects on my return business.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank FongP
chicago
“Taste of India”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

A newer Indian buffet, with traditional favorites. Just off of State Street and Bell School, this Indian restaurant has a menu to order off of also. A great place for lunch if you arrive early, as everything is fresh, and the varity is good. Wait staff will explain the dishes if you ask. Nothing is spicy! Sadly some of the dishes on the buffet are bland and the flavor with out the spice is missing, but for first timers, there are no surprises. Unsually clean, bright, and not expensive. Worth a try if you've never had Indian food. Order off the menu your second time and have them spice it as the dish was intended, your taste buds will just pop with the flavors.

Visited December 2012
“I dream about this place, it's so good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I can't say enough good things about Taste of India. The food is consistenly served piping hot and delicious! I've had both dine-in and carry-out, but have not tried the buffet; however, I've heard great things about that, too!

I don't have a great knowledge of Indian food, but I trust this place because every dish I've had there has been fantastic. So, each time I go, I make sure to order something different each time. Most recently, I shared the house specialty eggplant vegetarian dish with a friend, and it was fantastic. I LOVE the samosa chaat -- so good and fresh.

The service is so friendly and attentive, without being overly so. When I crave Indian food, this is the place I think of now. Do yourself a favor and check out Taste of India. If you've never had Indian food before, you won't be disappointed. If you've tried Indian across town (which I admit, I love), rest assured that this place is even better!

• Visited January 2013
Morton, Illinois
“Go on Sunday!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This place is a wonderful little slice of India in Rockford. Having traveled to India, I can tell you the food here was very authentic. I suggest going on Sunday as they have a huge buffett for half the price as their regular menu.

Visited December 2012