“Varied Menu, Pizza is okay, Great Desert and Beer selection”

GreenFire Restaurant Bar & Bakery
Reserve with OpenTable
GreenFire Restaurant Bar & Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 361 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Kitchen & bakery are open until midnight every day and we serve breakfast until 4PM everyday. Wood Fire Pizza-Burger-Steaks-Seafood-Crepes-Pasta-Oysters-Cakes-Pies-Cupcakes-Craft Beers-Wine Juice and Coffee Bar. GreenFire's dishes are cooked in our wood burning and state of the art brick fire Woodstone ovens! We have no microwaves, no grill tops, stoves or deep fryers. Only the freshest and the best ingredients for our guests. GreenFire is a bustling American contemporary farm restaurant. Serving breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner focusing on simple, seasonal cuisine. Seasonal cooking classes & demonstrations.We are kids friendly, we have a children menu and kids love the restaurant. Many children ask their parents to bring them back. They love watching the wood fire and seat at the chefs counter. Chef and owner Philippe Forcioli brings you the worlds best foods from some of the best kitchens around the world. Jean-Georges NYC, Cipriani Venice, Cafe Patou and the famed Orient Express train to name a few.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been to Greenfire twice. The atmosphere is great and the service has been good. For a upscale Pizzera it is okay. I have had three different pizzas and the best was the wild boar. Some of their pizzas, I fee,l are too fancy and do not taste good. The appetizers and other menu items are very good. I would highly recommend the Elk Burger. Overall it is good for Rockford are but not great. They have a great drink and desert menu.

It is quite pricey but you can also find reasonable entrees. Ranging from $13 to and elk burger to $40 foie gras.

Give it a try!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I do not understand some of the other reviews. We have eaten here twice and have had very good food and good service each time. This time we had three kinds of pizza (cajun (which has wild meats on it), seafood and Hawaiian. My daughter had vegetarian tortellini. Everyone loved what they ordered and the portions were ample. We all brought some home. We also had the brie for an appetizer and that was lovely. We hardly ever have dessert but decided to have some that night. My husband had creme brulee, my daughter's boyfriend had tiromisu, and my daughter and I had chocolate ecstacy. The men liked their desserts but my daughter and I were in heaven. It was so good!

Our service was good and friendly. And the prices were in line with the quality of the food. We also had drinks from the bar- daughter had a Last Tango and I had a Dark and Stormy night. Both drinks were very good. The men had beer and seem happy with their choices.
We can't wait to go again!

1  Thank treesprite07
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Salads were good. Fresh and different. That was the highlight of the meal. Pizza menu had great variety but missed the mark in flavor. Tried three different kinds and just did not bring the flavors together. Pasta was the same way. Instead of going ahh we went huh! Desserts looked fabulous. Tried four of them. Stale not fresh. Must not be moving enough of them. Atmosphere is dark and cozy. Great place for first date night if you are just going to talk and not eat. Wine and beer selection the best in town. Something for everyone. Bathrooms were clean. I will try here one more time otherwise sit at the bar and enjoy a nice beverage. Waitstaff was attentive to our group

1  Thank brghman
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We waited over 30 minutes in their dark bar for our drinks. Every question we asked the waitress she left us to go get an answer. We complained to the hostess about the slow service they did nothing. Got some apps they were not good. Dinner was service was better but the food was expensive and average at best. I had the cajun pasta that included mussels and half of them were not open. How could any chef serve that? We complained to the owner and got excuses but no satisfaction. I will never go there again.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The food was just ordinary. The service was awful. Took forever to get a drink and a refill. I thought it was way overpriced. The food was also cold. Will probably not try again. :(

3  Thank Sharon V