“Good food and service; Ambiance feels like "old lady chic"”
Review of Egg Harbor Cafe - CLOSED

Egg Harbor Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Egg Harbor Café specializes in gourmet breakfast and lunch creations served from 6:30 am to 2 pm daily, in a warm, charming, country setting with fast, friendly and efficient service.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We haven't found a place in Rockford that we LOVE for breakfast, but Egg Harbor is pretty reliable (although you wanna avoid Sunday mornings---it gets pretty crazy in there.)
The servers are always kind and attentive and we've never had a bad meal there. I really like the Amy's sandwich for breakfast. It's not on the menu. It's a jalapeno bagel with eggs, chorizo, jalapenos and sour cream served with a side of potatoes. Yum. My wife likes the blueberry pancakes. She usually asks them to add oatmeal to them and that's good too. I like that they have outdoor seating and that you can bring your dog. I like that they bring you your own jug of coffee and they'll give you a cup of coffee or tea to carry out after your meal as well. The menu offers a variety of good stuff for breakfast and lunch.
The only thing I don't really care for is the ambiance. I'm a big fan of the outdoor patio. However, inside the dining room there are knick knacks and little statues of chickens everywhere. It feels like it's intended to make old ladies feel at home. Maybe I'm odd, but I'd feel more at home in a simple diner-type atmosphere. Still- it's a pretty good place to eat. I'm open to suggestions on where else to go!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a great place to eat. You get plenty of food for what you pay. But it is a little expensive. The hours are too limited.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

U get more than what u payed for real food tastes natural great for Breakfest many kind waiters would defiently go back

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The food is great for breakfast or lunch. I never miss a chance to eat there. The service is friendly and efficient and the price is right! I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

They have everything and it was great. Met friends there, everybody loved it. Unfortunately it closes at 2pm :(