Tripadvisor
Rockford
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews continental breakfast room was clean bathroom area mini fridge smoking room staff was friendly scott motel shampoo rates desk tub couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staff is friendly & very helpful. And we had a great room. My wife and I were traveling to Mayo Clinic for treatment of her cancer. Thus she needs a comfortable & restful rest when we stop, and Alpine Inn really meets our needs. We love this place!

Date of stay: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

It is one of those motel where you park in front of your room.
It has a nice desk w/chair & a lounger char by the window, bed seems comfortable. Also, the bathroom area has a separate large granite sink w/frig & microwave, then the tub/shower & toilet area has another large granite sink area.
Carpeting in bedroom & main entrance needs updating though.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2019

Horrible place! Dirty. Broken. Torn carpet. Probably the worst motel we have ever stayed in. Skip this place. You’d be better off sleeping in your car! Furniture reeks of the 1970s. A hodgepodge of garage sale furnishings squeezed one upon the other in a tired room. DO NOT BRING A BLACK LIGHT OR YOU WILL BE SICKENED!

Room tip: There are no good rooms!
Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank David A
Reviewed June 28, 2019

I'm very careful when rating budget properties because my perspective is one of value, i.e., does one get at least "$1" in what was expected vs. what every $1 spent. In this case, it was barely break-even.

Expectations are (1) room as promised, (2) clean, (3) comfortable, (4) at least some basic amenities and (5) courteous staff..

(1) Requested a non-smoking room, the room said it was non-smoking but reeked of stale smoke. When I got home four hours after checking-out and unpacked, the t-shirt used when in the room and packed in my bag still stank of smoke.
(2) Ok for me but my wife would've recoiled. As a retired Marine, I can sleep in a hole and be ok so my standards aren't high. Finding a pair of someone else's jeans in the bureau was an unpleasant surprise.
(3) The bed was surprisingly comfortable given how springy it was. The room AC worked ok but had to leave the fan on constantly to circulate the stinky air.
(4) The antenna cable had a broken end but I was able to get it to work. The bathroom's GFCI was tripped but easily reset. One bar of soap was provided at check-in with two sets of towels.
(5) The one saving grace. Check-in and -out personnel were really nice. Perhaps they would've moved me to another room if I had requested it but one should get the room right upon check-in.
Would I stay here again? Yes but the title says it all.

Room tip: Make sure it really is non-smoking if that's your preference.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Stayed 4 nights again. Room was large and clean but dated. Staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast ok - nothing special. Location closer to town than most other motels. This is where I stay when I come to visit my dad.

Date of stay: May 2019