“Very nice place to stay”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Very nice place to stay”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed at the Alpine Inn for the past three months. It was convenient to the place where I had business. I was well taken care of by all of the staff, especially Norris. The rooms was very clean and comfortable. Everything worked well and if there were any problems, they took care of them immediately. Their intent was to give the best service. Besides the price being reasonable, it was conveniently located for restaurants. They have a high speed Wi-Fi for computer and smart phone access. I highly recommend them as a place to stay when in Rockford, especially if you plan an extended stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ted S
KatieHaun, General Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We were so grateful to have this guest stay with us for such an extended period! If there were a review site to rate guests we would give him 5 stars!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Wisconsin
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at the Alpine for one night prior to leaving on vacation.

I was looking for a place that was convenient to the airport, although it was a bit out of the way, the price and the cleanliness made up for the distance.

We stayed in room 119, it was VERY clean, bed's were OK, small fridge and microwave. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

There is a nice restaurant/bakery across the street to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Daveann11
Channahon, Illinois
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have been staying at the Alpine Inn 1 night a week for the last 16 months. I'm always taken care of by Mary and she is the most friendly and accommodating lady I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I first stayed there because of the price and I've continued to go back weekly because the rooms are always clean, they have fast WI-FI so that I can work and most of all because it's safe and comfortable. I strongly recommend staying with them if you are in the area.

Room Tip: I usually stay on the wing behind the car lot but I've stayed in the other wings as well. It is...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Missygirl73
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2013

this is the 3rd motel i have stayed at in Rockford and by far the nicest. it was quiet and clean. we were in town for my mothers funeral and we used to live in Rockford 38 years ago. this motel was a perfect location for us, and the restaurant across the street was very good. it is not far from my favorite restaurant, The Stockholm Inn. there are two other motels right up the street from this one and both of them are dumps. I know this because i had the misfortune of staying at them in the past.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rockford, Illinois, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My friend was released from the hospital and we decided to spend the night at the motel as it was late and we did not feel like attempting a long drive home. We called from the hospital inquiring if they had a hospital rate and they did, we felt it was generous. We stayed Friday night, and she felt she was still not up to traveling on Saturday so we booked another day. Basically all we did was sleep, eat and watch TV. I thought the desk staff was very helpful, I have arthritis and when I checked in, the girl came out and helped me back to my car. I appreciated that.

The room was comfortable, the furniture was a bit dog eared, but it was nice quality and fine for us. I was not too crazy about the mattress on my bed. The tub and toilet were very clean, they have installed granite countertops which seem a little out of place and cumbersome. We had the heat turned off part of the time and the room was still very hot. I missed the coffee pot some motels furnish, but we had a microwave and mini-fridge. My friend needed shampoo so I just went down the street to Dollar General. Marys Market across the street had day old rolls and cookies, which we feasted on, along with their delicious sandwiches.

Neither of us has much money so we really appreciated the discount. By Sunday my friend was feeling much better so we went on our way. We did not use the fitness center or pool.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ironwood
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The service is great Mary at The frount dest is a very caring person i had came this time for a funeral .My stay was perfect as allways.I WIill never stay anywere else.This is the hotel for me. They have a wonderful breakfast .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel and my husband didn't sleep at all. Our king bed was very "worn out" with a crevice in the middle. Although our Deluxe King room was ony $67.16, we both felt that we would have gladly paid more somewhere else...also, it's on located on a very busy road with lots of traffic noise early and late. It appeared to be a hotel wear rooms were rented by the week by blue-collar workers, as well. Breakfast was okay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from State Street as possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank charms1951
KatieHaun, General Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We are so sorry this guest felt that the bed was uncomfortable! Bed firmness is a matter of preference- we have heard too soft and too firm so we keep all types in inventory. If this guest would have told the Front Desk we would have definitely switched them to another King or had that mattress replaced with a new one. We do appreciate the feedback though and will go through our rooms to make sure we do not have any mattresses that need replacing- thank you!