“Great experience”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed November 14, 2011

What a nice Inn. 2 large bedrooms and front room, kitchen. It was so quit. You have a very nice place that we hope to be able to come and stay at again. I would recommend this to anyone. The employee were so nice. The Inn was clean. Nice breakfast area. They do a few extra things to make you feel at home.

Room Tip: This is like a mini apartment at the top of the Inn. It is so neat.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 21, 2011

This hotel might be small but it is big on value and service! The staff is super friendly and helpful and the maids are also very helpful and cordial. We really enjoyed the very clean and tidy rooms and locations is just prefect for visiting this busy little city. We would stay here again and again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We selected the Alpine Inn based on TripAdvisor reviews. For the price, it was much better than the other three Rockford motels at which we've stayed in the past. Little things keep it from getting a top rating. It's obvious that money and effort have been spent upgrading an older business, e.g. the tile and granite in the bathroom, but the no-skid adhesive strips in the tub made it look very dirty. Check-in was prompt and courteous. The lobby and breakfast areas were clean and attractive; however, the "24-hour" coffee was almost all gone and there were no lids. The desk clerk very nicely replaced the TV remote that didn't work and wrote out instructions on programming another one, but it didn't work either so it must have been the TV. There was no clock in the room so we had to rely on our cell phones. There was no soap. The mattresses seemed clean enough but they had definitely seen a better day -- too soft and lumpy. The Alpine is all on one floor with exterior doors. Even though it is on a very busy street, we didn't notice any traffic noise. It was disconcerting, however, when we got out of our car and noticed that almost all of the steel entrance doors had dented spots as though someone had pounded on them to get in.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
KatieLarson, General Manager at Alpine Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Thank you very much for this fair review. This hotel has been around since 1958 which has its positive points (concrete walls which is why you can’t hear the busy street) and its challenging points. The good thing is that the current owners care deeply about making constant improvements, on the other hand they have had a lot of work to do to get to where we are today. Aside from major capital improvements made, we began with the tile, granite, carpet, lighting, painting/wall-paper, and furniture updates, and while we are continually updating these areas all rooms were finished in 2010. Still there are always items that need constant updating such as the tubs and doors. We have to bring a room down for 3 days to refinish a tub and we complete several of these each month though with 114 rooms it is still a work in progress. We have also begun replacing the doors this year as well. There is absolutely no excuse for the lack of soap in your room and I will be sure and go over the cleaning/stocking checklist with the housekeeper who was responsible for your room- we are very sorry about that! We hope the Front Desk staff was able to resolve this for you, and should you choose to visit us again grab an alarm clock from them as well as we do keep them at the Front Desk. Your review has honestly helped us to improve and we truly appreciate it! Hope to see you again soon- Thank you!

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Clean, safe, quiet and cheep what more could I ask for? Nothing really but that didn't stop the hotel's manager Kathryn Larson and the rest of Katie's crew from doing anything and everything to make sure that my stay with them was more than I could have expected or even wished for. I stayed for more than 5 weeks while I was working a retooling shutdown at Chrysler 7 days a week 10 hours a night.

I got back to the room every morning (timed it door to door Chrysler to the Alpine in 12-15 min.) and with in a few minutes they would start setting out the premium continental breakfast I say premium because I had always just thought of a continental breakfast as coffee and donuts which they had but they also had bagels, cream cheese, muffins, a few different cereals, different types of fruit and a couple different fruit juices as well. Every afternoon on my way in to work I would stop in to the front office to fill my coffee thermos and every day there was a fresh pot of coffee on the counter and at least one smiling face behind the front desk. No matter if it was Katie, Tina, Nick or any of the other employees there they would go out of their way to make sure that if there was something they could do for me that it was done. Actually they went so far as to change out my mattress for me when they found out that I thought it was a little too soft. Now that is something I might hope for if I were staying at the Ritz but not at a weekly rate hotel in Rockford, IL.

As for safety they had cameras in the parking lot so my truck was completely safe and Management is extremely vigilant about keeping out the hookers, dealers and vagrants that plague most of the other weekly rate hotels in the area.

Any time I head back to Rockford or anywhere near there I know where I will be staying. Not only that but I would say that I have a new standard by witch every other hotel that I stay at while working out of town will be measured.

Room Tip: I really liked my room on the back side of the hotel think they were the 300s and 400s partially bec...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Initially chose the Alpine because we felt it was very professional of the manager, Katie, to comment on each review that we had read upon trying to make a hotel decision. It appeared to us that she and her staff would do whatever they could to make anyone's stay comfortable and enjoyable. Absolutely the best choice! Newly remodeled, extremely clean, very comfortable, location was great, staff was helpful and friendly and you could not beat the price for all of the above! We cannot remember the last time staff at a hotel told us if there was anything we needed to let them know! Katie, to you and your staff....thank you, our stay exceeded our expectations. We will definately see you again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dorothy L
Reviewed August 16, 2011

bad storms knocked our power out and we stayed here for 2 days. nice comfortable rooms for the price we paid. refrigerator,microwave and dishes came with room. Coffee was available in lobby 24 hours.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Found myself in need of a room at 3:30 a.m. after my first grandchild was born, and was just too tired to hassle with making a bunch of calls that late. I remembered where the Alpine Inn was from staying there as a child (Albert Pick, anyone?) and took a gamble and just drove straight there from the hospital. Lucky me that they had a room available...but even luckier that the rate was great, the front desk clerk bent over backwards to help me and make me feel welcome, and the room was spotless. I am not the sort of traveler that needs a lot of bells and whistles...could care less about pools, fitness rooms, and fripperies. If you feel the same, or are staying in Rockford on a budget - you cannot find a better deal than the Alpine Inn. It isn't a luxury resort - so if that's your thing, more power to you - but for service, cleanliness, and value for the price it can't be beat. I plan to come see my grandbaby lots - and will be staying at the Alpine Inn from now on.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family