“will not be back , reservation made , conf # and turned down at 1:30 a.m.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites Rockford

Staybridge Suites Rockford
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Rockford
Philo, Illinois
“will not be back , reservation made , conf # and turned down at 1:30 a.m.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I called and made a reservation for my son and his family, no other rooms available so I called reservations and at 11:00 p.m. a room was booked for my self. I arrived at the property at 12:30 and was rudely told I had no room. I was turned away and with no other rooms available and at this time of morning no where to go. Staff was rude. Guest relations were friendly , however when I called to speak to the manager desk staff asked how they could help. I finally got a name from desk staff and was told I dont know if he is back there. I left voice mail. needless to say I slept in my car in the parking lot because there was no where else to go. I have a priority card for this establishment , good luck in getting customer service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank michelle w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I booked a suite here for our wedding night back in July 2011. We were to stay there the night of our wedding, as well as the next evening before leaving for O'Hare. Because our family lives in Rockford, I went into the hotel IN PERSON the Tues. before our wedding to make sure they gave us the correct room type. My mom had stayed here one other time and they gave her the wrong room, so this had me nervous.

We spoke with someone, who assured us we had a one bedroom king suite. We even pre-paid for it. I had it on paper and everything. Fast forward to wedding night. We arrive at midnight, tired and just wanting to check in. KAREN was the only associate working. We waited for, no joke, 15 min. for her to check in the person ahead of us. She didn't know what she was doing. They also had some alarm going off, which apparently meant they couldn't give out room keys and she had no way of fixing it. Finally she got to us. We got our keys (they had been sitting at the desk already) and went to our room to find a handicapped room (don't like the shower situation in those rooms), that, oh surprise, is NOT a suite. It was a studio with a king bed.

We go back to the front desk. I explain that we had wanted a suite and show her our paperwork proving that's what we paid for. She insists that's what we got (perhaps she was new? I have no idea). I say, No, I have stayed at the Staybridge in Peoria, IL multiple times (well over 20), and I KNOW we got a studio and that their 1 bedroom suites have a separate bedroom. Her snotty response? "Well what do you want me to do? Kick someone out of their room?" I was livid. How dare she talk to me that way.

Then she lies. She says they are completely booked up because they have a wedding. I say, "Well, I didn't get what I reserved. You need to do something, or call a manager or something." We go back up to the front desk. I step off to the side (my husband was at the counter while she was doing stuff on the computer), and explain to my mom they gave us the wrong room (it was on her credit card). We were discussing how this is the second time this has happened and I said something like, "I'm so upset right now. I can't believe this happened" (to my mom on the phone) and Karen has the nerve to say "Well I'm trying to do everything I can. What do you expect me to do?" Uh, excuse me. 1) I was not talking to you. 2) How dare YOU be rude to ME. Her attitude was completely snotty and unnecessary the entire time. We ended up having to stay in the studio because the other room available (yup, they weren't booked up, she lied), was a smoking one and I am very allergic to smoke. I was not happy.

We complained the next morning and that nice woman upgraded us to another room for our troubles. A room that had been open the night before.

I will never stay here again, and Karen should be fired. That is completely unprofessional how she handled herself, and I am shocked and appalled this company would hire someone like that to work in the HOSPITALITY business.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank SeeJessTravel
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed here one night. Checked in and the front desk person was the friendliest ever - she acted like she was your mother and was sincere.

Room was large, nice size fridge, nice buffet area for dinner snacks and breakfast. Only negative is the workout facility was small and some of the equipment was broken. Great location to tollway. It seemed a bit overpriced but probably a good value.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Casco, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel MANY, MANY, MANY times. There is an abundance of hotels in the area, but this is the best!
This hotel is clean, has a great complimentary breakfast, evening meal on certain days and wonderful staff.
You do have to request "light" housekeeping for the weekend (otherwise you get none) and many times this option has fallen between the cracks and not performed. I then just go to the front desk and make a request and they gladly give me clean towels etc. that I am in need of. This hotel is also in a great location for restaurants, shopping and attractions. Don't hesitate to book.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on June 3 and June 4, 2011. Our nightly rate was $120 and included free breakfast in the morning.

The hotel is nice and new and the rooms are large with a sitting area and kitchen. I liked the decor and felt like the room was really clean. We had a cooler with fruit, yogurt, and drinks in it and were happy to see a full-sized refrigerator to keep our things cold. There was also a microwave (with a bag of complimentary popcorn), coffee pot (with complimentary coffee), a full-sized sink and dishes in the room. We were happy to see all of that and did use the kitchen a little bit.

Our room was a king sized bed with a sitting area. I was a little dissapointed that the love seat in our room was not a pull-out bed. When I booked the room, I thought it was and planned to have my six year-old daughter sleep there. I guess you can get a bigger room that does have a pull out couch....it just wasn't available the weekend we were there.

The breakfast buffet was pretty nice and we were all able to find something we wanted to eat. The only minor thing that we found is that there were a lot of people eating there and very few seats. We ended up sitting on the couch to eat and many people took their food up to their room.

We didn't use the computers in the business center, the washing machines, or the pool, but it was all there and looked nice. We did use the free wi-fi and it worked very well.

All in all, I would say this is a very nice property and we would stay there again. We would definitely book the bigger room for the three of us.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Christy P
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

I've stayed here twice and have been pleased with the hotel both times. Travelers should be aware that services are curtailed during the weekends (they only clean rooms/exchange towels on request on Saturdays and Sundays). Being aware of that, we requested extra towels on Friday so we were set for the weekend. Our suite was spacious with a separate living/dining/kitchen area and bedroom/bathroom area, separated by doors. We like this type of set-up, as my husband is a very early riser. He appreciated that he could make his own coffee in the room, or there was a coffee set-up available 24/7 in the dining area downstairs. During the week, they offer a free limited meal (bbq chicken, meatloaf, etc.), which is great for the single traveler or families on a budget. The breakfast was adequate, with all the continental choices and a rotating choice of hot food, including scrambled eggs and ham, pre-made omelets and bacon, etc. There are laundry and business facilities available, and fresh cookies in the evening make it a very good experience, especially for extended-stay travelers. The staff is exceedingly friendly, as well.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank pcsullivan
Cocoa Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

I like Staybridge and have stayed in others and enjoyed them. This one however should be torn down. the staff was very friendly. The room was clean. But the appliances were old. The refrigerator was noisy. But the worst thing was the noise from the other rooms: people walking above, people knocking into the walls next door, doors slamming in the hallways. The most distinctive was the guy upstairs using the commode. Sounded like someone pouring a pitcher of water in the bathtub. Never again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business