Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Jumers Casino Hotel(Rock Island)
$150
$145
Travelocity
American Motor Inn(Rock Island)
$52
$114
Orbitz.com
$99
$109
All reviewsthe holiday innnew carpetmanager's receptiondirectly across the streetcomfy bedmississippi rivernice stayupon checkbennigansihg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is a very nice hotel that is in a beautifully renovated classic building. There is a Bennegins attached, as well as several good eating places within walking distance. The fitness center and pool were very nice.

The only con was that the air conditioner in my hotel was hard to change the settings on, so it was difficult to regulate the temperature. I would definitely stay here again though.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear wce1980,

Thank you so much for the 4 star review for your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Rock Island. I am happy to learn you liked our renovated hotel and location. I apologize for the inconvenience of the air conditioner. As part of our renovation, there are plans in progress to fix the HVAC units later this year. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

An older property that's been decently maintained, walking distance to many restaurants and bars. Don't miss the java club across the street, and the blue cat for great beers and food. A surprisingly diverse menu and great staff

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear snorkelsurfswimdive,

Thank you so much for the 4-star review of your stay here at the Holiday Inn Rock Island. I am pleased to learn you like the convenient location of our hotel to the area establishments within The Arts & Entertainment District of Rock Island. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel has been renovated and my room was in excellent condition and the beds were super comfy. The building is older but is being maintained well, except for the elevators. They concerned me, so much so I walked out and took the stairs. They make this horrible sound that cannot be good. The lobby has a lot of seating and the restaurant is easy to get to and had a nice breakfast in the morning for a decent charge.
My number one concern with this location and why I would never return when traveling by myself is the parking situation. The parking for the hotel is very small and quickly fills up. You then have the option of parking on the street outside the hotel as long as you leave early enough in the morning to not get a ticket or the parking garage across the street. The entrance to the hotel was packed with cars that were just parked and blocking the way, I am assuming those people were checking in. I ended up parking in the parking garage across the street which thankful is being by the police department on the bottom level with the station right by the hotel. I would have never parked there without this being the case.
The hotel requires you to park on the third, top open level, as the rest of the garage is reserved for others. I found it annoying that I had to carry all of my items from there in order to check in. If the hotel maintained their entrance and did not allow cars to park there indefinitely this would have all been solved. I know the parking garage is not owned by the hotel but the elevator reeked like pee so bad I gagged and had to take the stairs down the three flights with all of my luggage. What annoyed me even more is when I checked in they gave me this little slip of paper with my folio number that I had to put in the windshield of my car, I questioned it extensively as I found it very annoying that I now had to go back to the pee garage to put this silly piece of paper in my windshield. Providing my car make, model, and license plate should be more than sufficient to track parking in the parking garage but the hotel was insistent on forcing me to return to my car to place the piece of paper in the windshield.
Being a downtown location and directly next to a police station there is a lot of traffic noise at this hotel, but no more than other downtown hotel locations.
I do think this hotel would get a huge value in having an employee available at the front entrance to assist in coordinating getting baggage into the hotel, keeping traffic moving in front of it, coordinating parking, and most importantly handing out the silly parking pieces of paper for each car's windshield. They may have this already but they did not during my visit and the numerous people behind the check in desk seemed uninterested in my concerns and the traffic jam in front of their building.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bluefpink

Dear bluefpink,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for your recent stay. We truly value our guest’s feedback. I am happy to learn your room was “in excellent condition” and the bed was super comfy. However, I am truly sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. As a woman myself, I understand where you are coming from with your security concerns. In an effort to resolve your concerns, I have passed your comments on to the management team. I hope you would consider us again in the future.

Holiday Inn

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were concerned about this older facility in an even older part of town, but it turned out great. As mentioned on this site and others, the rooms have been renovated. They were clean, quiet and comfortable. There was a public sitting area on our floor, where you could get out of the room, but still have the privacy and security of the hotel.The public areas weren't bad either. The indoor pool was nice, warm and clean. There is free coffee for guest in the lobby in the morning. The staff were friendly and helpful. In all, we were very satisfied with our stay. Parking can get a little crowded on the site, but they have auxiliary parking across the street that works okay.

Room Tip: Our room on one of the upper floors seemed more quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Paul B,

Thank you for the wonderful 4 star review for your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Rock Island. I am happy to hear your stay was “better than expected” and that our staff was friendly and helpful to you. Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback. We look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I was impressed the place was as good as it was, being in a downtown area. The lobby looked nice, clean, and updated. The rooms were the normal level of roominess, comfort, and temperature control. The facilities in the bathroom were clean looking as well.

Reasons for 4/5:

One or maybe both of the elevators sounded like they were on their last leg. They didn't do anything funky per se, but it did make me a little nervous.

NONE of the drink machines on ANY of the floors had water. To clarify, there was an option for water, but each machine was sold out. I am pretty sure it just hasn't been stocked anytime recently.

Last, I had to make sure my door shut all the way. If I didn't, the door would look closed, but could actually be pushed/pulled open without swiping the keycard.

None of these are dealbreakers, thus the 4/5 rating. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
HolidayInnRIQC, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Steven B,

Thank you for the 4 star review for your recent stay. We are pleased our location was close to your destination, and the facility was nice, clean and updated. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate managers for resolution. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback and your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Holiday Inn Rock Island