“Keeps Getting Better.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rock Island
“Keeps Getting Better.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stay here about once a week and have to say it gets better every week. The remodel is looking good. The rooms are nice and updated, and the staff are all polite, friendly, and there to do anything you need.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn M, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay with our hotel. We’re happy you’re enjoying the new improvements to the hotel. Keep checking back to see the most recent updates!
Hope to see you again soon!
of The Holiday Inn – Rock Island

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for a conference in Feb. 2013. Our room was modern and updated. The staff was so friendly. We grabbed an early breakfast at Bennigans on 23. The waitress was funny and sweet. The cookies during checkin were so gooey and yummy. I hung around after the conference and got to meet the organizer of the conference. There were some details that needed to be worked out and the staff at Holiday Inn were so gracious and everything was resolved quickly.

Room Tip: Loved the 8th floor view of Mississippi.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay with our hotel. We’re happy to hear your experience with us went well from the conference to breakfast at Bennigan’s!
We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around.
We hope to see you again soon!
Crest Hill, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I'll be honest..I've stayed at this property a lot over the last 10 years or so. I chose it mainly because the location was good for me and I am a Priority Club member so I could redeem points here for a stay. With that being said, I was never impressed with the hotel....until now.

I stayed here on February 15th and 16th. I had heard it was being refreshed, so I politely asked for a new room when I made my reservation. Upon arriving at the hotel at a late hour, I was greeted by a wonderful employee named Monique. She was extremely friendly and reiterated several times that if we had any problems we should contact her immediately. Upon entering the room I was floored. Compared to the drab and somewhat unclean rooms of before, these new rooms are fantastic! New furniture, great TV, new carpet, and a very comfy bed. It was like stepping into another hotel! Kudos.

I've gone from staying at this hotel because the location is good to staying here in the future because I really WANT to!

Great new rooms, great service, and very reasonable!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn M, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear DTLew81,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay with our hotel. We’re happy to hear your check-in experience was great and that you were impressed with our newly renovated rooms!
We hope to see you again soon!
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I read the negative reviews and was very hesitant about staying here but after a terrible experience with the Holiday Inn Express at Le Claire, I mean terrible!, I decided to give this property a try.
I called and asked how the renovations were coming. The very cheerful, friendly reception person told me that the 2 top executive level rooms have been completely redone. I asked for a government rate ($77) and because I had another call coming in asked if she would hold a room for me. She asked my name and said that when I arrived everything would be ready for me. When I approached the desk, Charlene greeted me and just as she had promised everything was ready including several coupons for discounts in the excellent hotel restaurant:-) This was a very pleasant surprise! Charlene could not possibly have more welcoming. This is so important to me. I've stayed at Intercontinental properties where the front desk seemed to care less about my arrival and even though the hotel was 5* it lost a lot of it's charm through the blase attitude of the staff. NOT the case here! I am writing this from my lovely, completely renovated cheerful room with a HUGE flat screen TV, new comfy bed and nice furnishings. Only thing missing was a comfortable lounge chair. I called to the desk and in 15 minutes a comfortable chair was delivered. I am so happy I called the hotel and asked about the renovation and not missed this opportunity for a very good experience. There is a manager's reception which I'm looking forward to from 6:00-7:00pm! If you're coming to the quad city area trust me...NO Holiday Express, Le Claire!!
This review sounds like it might have been written by a hotel staff person. Believe me it is NOT. I am a business traveler, a platinum card member of Intercontinental who spends more than 160 days a year on the road. Most of my stays are with either Holiday Inn Express, Candlewood Suites, Staybridge Suites and on occasion the old Holiday Inns with the indoor, chlorine smelly pools:-) This is only the 3rd time I have ever taken the time to write a review. Both the others were negative (Holiday Inn, Galesburg, Il and Holiday Inn Express, Le Claire, Ia)
Try this property and you will be pampered silly:-))!

Room Tip: Be sure you get one of the renovated rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. We are glad you had a great experience with our staff and newly renovated rooms. Keep checking back to see our latest improvements!

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel. Hope to see you soon!

The Management & Staff
Rock Island, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Hotel is under Major Room Renovation!!! My husband and I stayed in one of the new rooms- and it was AWESOME!!! New Furniture, New Carpet, New Lighting, New TV's, New Mics and frigs- the look is AMAZING and the SERVICE is the BEST in Town!!! The Front Desk told us this is only phase one- all 175 guest rooms due to be completed by April 15th, 2013!!! Phase two is the 2nd floor ballroom and 1st floor Lobby- Can't wait to see it!!! This company is getting it RIGHT!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the 6th, 7th, or 8th floor rooms- those floors have been renovated!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn M, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Rocks18,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. We are happy to hear you enjoyed one of our newly renovated rooms and that the guest service you received was great! Keep checking back to see our latest improvements!

The Management & Staff
Burlington, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I rented two rooms and one room was very hot and when we turned it to cool, it still sent hot air out. had to open a window to cool it. also lamp was hard to turn on and had to unplug it to turn it off. 2nd room had pop cup under the bed and huge stain on the carpet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank julie1970x4
Holiday Inn M, Manager at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay with our hotel. We apologize that your stay was not up to our standards.
We would like for you to know that the hotel is currently under renovations and should be completed this year. As part of the renovations, the guest rooms are scheduled to have all new carpet and furniture. I’m very sorry there was an issue with the housekeeping and heat. I will make sure these issues are addressed. We would like to invite you back to try our hotel again in the near future.
Again, thank you for your feedback and our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.
Normal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We arrived at Holiday Inn and there were issues with checking into our room. It took some time before they figured out which room and sent us there. The room itself was fine, reasonably clean and the beds were comfy. However, we could not run a hot bath as the water wouldn't heat up. Then at 2 am, someone walked into our room or attempted to if not for the bar lock. We called out wrong room and the person apologized and left. The next morning the front desk staff told us we were put into the wrong room, that there was a large party that had rented a block of rooms, including ours, and they were given a key to our room! They looked up my room and i was supposed to have been put into a room 2 floors away. We had a very difficult time sleeping of course after that and it totally ruined our stay. This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and both times were awful. Never again! We were told the cold water was because 'we are in the middle of renovations'. I asked for a refund but was told the manager will contact me. Still waiting....

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KimHNormal
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I want to assure you that we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around.
Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day. I will contact the appropriate party to ensure you are contacted by management in regards to the issues you encountered during your stay.
I have taken note and wish to thank you again for your valuable feedback, as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction. We are currently undergoing a full renovation of the hotel and would like to invite you back to stay with us in the near future so we can have the opportunity to make this up to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rock Island
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf

Been to Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities? Share your experiences!