“Filth Pit”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rock Island
Chicago
“Filth Pit”
Reviewed April 3, 2008

I thought Holiday Inn was weeding out their dumpier locations, but this property is proof that they aren't.

Got to the hotel and there was apparently a wedding reception. All parking was taken by those in the reception(would be nice if they had reserved parking for guests) Was told I would have to park across the street in the public lot.

Lobby was very 70's chic. Elevators old. Got to the room to find wallpaper peeling, furniture in bad condition, 70's air con blasted hot air, the tub drain had been pulled out and not put back, stains in the tub. The doors to all the rooms looked like they were original from the 70's and they were disgusting.

Woken up several times by drunks roaming the hall shouting and yelling most likely from the wedding reception.

I was glad I only stayed for one night and I will make sure I never stay here again. Trust me go elsewhere this place is dump that is in desperate need of a good remodel.

• Liked — Front desk staff
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank Phreak411

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Illinois
Reviewed January 25, 2008

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in downtown Rock Island, IL. The room was filthy. The chairs all had stains, the carpet was musty and stained and the bathroom was disgusting. There was years of dirt on the floor, the bathtub had ancient stains, the sink had a crack through it, the toilet seat had cracks and painted-over chips in it AND worst of all, there was fecal material on the shower curtain. I changed hotels. If you want a good hotel in Rock Island, go to the Stoney Creek Inn.

4 Thank utahjake
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 18, 2007

This really is a nice hotel. Here is what I like about it.

1) location - close to casino, downtown, restaurants.

2) Work out - they have a pool and an ENTIRE health club on the second level guests can use. How can you beat that. Sauna and everything.

3) Bennigans - 20% discount in the lobby. Can beat that with a stick.

4) ATM- right outside the hotel.

5) Barber Shop - in the lobby, how cool

6) Free coffee and donuts in the morning.

Nice staff and nice hotel. This isn't a 5 star, but I love it.

• Liked — Location and Health Club
  • Disliked — Rooms are a little small
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
chicago
Reviewed November 23, 2006

My family stayed at the Hotel and we were very dissapointed. The room was small and dingy and the air didn't work. We called the front desk and were told that there was no maintenance man on duty (it was Thanksgiving) and we couldn't get any assistance but we could open the windows according to the front desk.

There were signs around saying pardon our dust but I got the feeling that the signs were just a smoke screen. For the price we paid and the service and condition of the rooms we will not stay there again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the room and the cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — don't go
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
8 Thank ruthie123
chicago
Reviewed April 24, 2006

Stayed over a long weekend with my husband and my mother while visiting his parents. The hotel rooms were not clean when we arroved and we had to have maid service visit BOTH rooms. I was embarassed to have my mother experience the inconveniences here.

Only one pillow was provided per person; after a 10 minute wait to speak to someone at the desk, we requested additional pillows and they never arrived. The halls of the floor on which we stayed were littered with room service plates and food. We arrived at 3 pm.

Service was horrid, rooms were dingy, the hotel staff, preoccupied with phone calls or looking at something on line, NEVER gave us an indication that they'd "be right with us." We just got "the stare" , as if we'd done something wrong and were therefore a major inconvenience to the hotel front desk staff.

Many of the hotel guests were a drunk and disorderly lot that weekend. I have no idea what else was going on in town, but I ran into a number of girls (very young in appearance, maybe it was some sort of spring dance night) who were totally over-served and half dressed. We rode the elevator with a couple of loud and mouthy male conventioneers as well.

I will never stay here at the Sheraton again. There are precious few places of note to stay in Rock Island and one would think that the Sheraton would clean up its act with this place.

• Stayed April 2005
11 Thank ciarrasbc
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed April 7, 2006

I Just spent one night at ths hotel for a business trip. Staff was outstanding.Ican't say enough about how friendly and helpful they were. From the front desk,to the shuttle driver to the head of housekeeping. Julie and Brianne went out of their way to take care of my needs. Room was clean. Bed was new. Wallpaper needs a touch up. I did not use pool facilities it looked a little tired. I would recommend this facilty.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank carribeanfreak
Seneca, Illinois
Reviewed April 1, 2006

A friend and I came to Rock Island to see a band. This hotel ended up being within a block of the venue, which was outstanding and very lucky for us.

The hotel has a very small lot connected with it, and we were able to get a spot in it. TIP: They also have arrangements with the large parking lot directly across the street, so there is not a problem if the hotel lot is full.

The lady who registered us was absolutely wonderful. She is a great asset to the hotel and made the check-in process quick. We asked her about the venue we were going to and she gave us precise directions.

Our room was extremely spotless and comfortable. We had a late check-out for the following day so didn't have to hurry to leave. I would have loved to spend an extra day at this hotel as there were so many things that would have been nice to see. Maybe next time!

• Stayed March 2006
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities

Been to Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities? Share your experiences!