“More than adequate”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rock Island
Naperville, Illinois
“More than adequate”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I was concerned about staying at this hotel after reading some of the other negative reviews. However, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms on the 8th floor. Secure. New carpet. Clean bathroom. Little frig in room perfect for cold drinks. Manager and folks at the front desk were attentive and helpful. We felt that we got service/value consistent with what we payed for in this category. Only compaint was that the pillows were not very comfortable .... but a small complaint since I usually travel with my own pillow. The hotel is located in an urban area so any savvy traveler knows enough to keep their radar up when traveling in cities.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Sales18, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear BBTrvlin,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. I’m so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel liked the newly renovated room.

However, the hotel is still undergoing renovations and the new pillows will be ordered soon. The renovations are due to be finished this year.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for reviewing our hotel. I hope you can come back for another visit to experience the newly renovated hotel. Hope to see you soon!

The Management & Staff
of The Holiday Inn – Rock Island

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Ok. It needs some work. It is close to the Island, however there are better choices in the area. I have stayed here a coulpe of times in the past becase a conference was there. I knew the layout and area. I will probably need to go somewhere else next time.

Dear Jay B,

completed this year. As part of the renovations, the guest rooms are scheduled to have all new furniture including new flat-screen television’s.

Again, thank you for your past business. We invite you back to try our hotel again in the near
future.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years some really good and some really bad. This property is one of the worst that I have ever stayed in. when you look at the hotel website it appears to be a nice downtown property. Key word "appears". The hotel is in a marginal downtown location, poor parking especially at night, lobby old tired.

Rooms, had stained carpets, a/c was either off or hot, beds I think they bought from an old Motel 6, they had a very old TV not the flat panel they show in their typical room pictures, then on the desk they had a small refrigerator and microwave stacked with a multi plug electrical outlet nailed to the wall!!!!

Food service was provided by Bennigans old worn greasy food. Breakfast was a total no no. They had deep fried potatoes, really greasy !

If I had not flown in and driven from ORD I would have refused my room and left, I did the next day, never to return. Please trust this long time traveler do not stay here.

Room Tip: None they say they renovations going on but I can not see them.
4 Thank Ghostrider5408
Dear Ghostrider5408,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay with our hotel. We apologize that your stay was not up to your standards.

We would like for you to know that the hotel is currently under renovations and should be completed this year. As part of the renovations, the guest rooms are scheduled to have all new furniture and new flat-screen television’s have been ordered just recently. We invite you back to try our hotel again in the near future.

Again, thank you for your feedback and our sincerest apologies for your inconvenience.

appleton wi
Reviewed February 16, 2012

having had a good stay a few months ago, i gave it another visit. check in was speedy, friendly and there were even cookies ! in my first review, i complained about the really old, cheap tv's that had poor picture. well that hasn't changed....except now my remote didn't work. as i was heading our for an early dinner, i left it on counter with a note. i returned to find it ready to go. great...except it still would not work and they had never even went to my room to make sure it did. rooms are quiet and clean. i do expect more for my hundred dollars.

2 Thank thomasannen
Dear thomasannen,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay with our hotel. We’re happy to hear your check-in experience was great and that the cookies were tasty.

We are so sorry that your T.V. remote would not work. Or that it wasn’t double checked to make sure it would work. We would like for you to know that the hotel is currently under renovations. Also, new flat-screen television’s have been ordered just recently. As part of the renovations, the guest rooms are scheduled to have all new furniture as well.

We invite you back to try our hotel again in the near future.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The smoke was like sleeping in a bar that had a bed and a shower. Stay away.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank bridgesc
appleton wi
Reviewed November 5, 2011

excellent customer service from decsk - leanne was quick and friendly. bennigans was attached and was good for happy hour and meeting up with people. as it was right downtown and a nice night, was perfect for walk. went down to park next to river. great view. had dinner at a micrbrew pub down street that was recommended by desk. bluecat brew pub had very good selection of brews and a nice variety of food.

rooms were remodeled in an old hotel. good size, quiet, and clean. what wasnt as nice was the shower as it was difficult to use and bathroom was not as well remodeled. but water was hot and plentiful.

all in all, good stay

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank thomasannen
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I am a Priority Club Platinum member and stayed at the Holiday Inn Rock Island, IL for business the week of 10/17/11 through 10/21/11. The hotel staff was welcoming and the housekeeping staff did a good job cleaning my room and making sure I had a good stay. I gave the hotel a poor rating though due to the lack of parking, the environment of the surrounding area around the hotel, and the hotel being dated.

I don’t recommend the hotel to female travelers do to the aggressive panhandling I experienced on the side streets of the hotel due to not being able to park in their parking lot due to the lack of adequate parking spaces. I also gave the hotel low marks because of the extremely dated carpet, furniture, and towels inside my room.

In closing, the hotel needs to be renovated on the interior and the hotel needs to hire security staff to improve the safety and quality of stay for their customers. The staff however, did a good job and I don’t have anything but good things to say about them.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf

Been to Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities? Share your experiences!