“SweetTart”

Ranked #11 of 89 Restaurants in Rock Island
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were part of a party of 5 at The Blue Cat. While we were there more for the company than for the food, two of our party ordered the catfish and were unpleasantly surprised at the sweetness of the dish. Another person in our party ordered a chicken dish, which was also dripping in honey. Contrast that with the two of us that ordered the ahi tuna and had a very tart slaw on the plate ... seems to be a place of extremes! While nothing was terrible, I don't know that I'd return to The Blue Cat for the food. I would, however, return to check it out as a bar/lounge and music joint. Also, the restaurant takes reservations.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The place had a nice location and atmosphere. The wait staff was very helpful and service was good. I had one of the best Lemon Drop Martinis ever, and my husband, who is a Guiness freak liked their local stout. The appetizer, which was a Mediterranean plate was really fresh and tasty. The problem came with the main course, which was a Ruben sandwich with totally burnt bread on the bottom. We are not the kind to send things back, but would have been justified doing so in this case.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Some friends recommended meeting here for dinner so I checked it out on tripadvisor. The reviews were good so I was looking forward to trying somewhere new.

The others in our party said the food was "OK" but nobody loved. I ordered the Jalapeno Cornbread Catfish. I expected something with some spice, but it wasn't even close. The cornbread batter was so hard after being deep fried. There was not even a hint of jalapeno. The menu read that it had a lemon-jalapeno sauce, but it was more like a syrup/honey but thicker. It was so thick and did not go at all with the fish. When I read sauce, I expect something smooth, not this thick, gooey concoction.

One of the others in our group ordered the Mango Ginger Salmon. She said that it was too sweet and overpowered the taste of the fish.

My husband had a porkchop dish - I believe it was on special and he said that it was okay. Another person had a salad as their meal.

I don't think I will go back.

3  Thank lizzzg
Reviewed September 23, 2012

It doesn't look like much but I had the best BLT and french onion soup combo I have ever had in my life at this establishment. Beer is above average if not absolutely excellent and the service is top notch.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The inside is run down. I remember going there years ago and just loved it. Now it's scarey to sit down, let alone go use the dirty restroom. The food was ok, not as good as I remembered it.

1  Thank Gabbie24