“Blah blah blah...”
Review of Harris Pizza

Harris Pizza
Ranked #4 of 84 Restaurants in Rock Island
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Eat the sausage or mushroom pizza and be happy :-) if you are not from around here, you won't be tainted by what it tasted like 59 years ago. It is DELICIOUS and unlike any other pizza you've ever had. To me, Pizza is not meant to be a complicated mess with a gazillion ingredients. Keep it simple and enjoy! My mom loves the taco pizza, I love the sausage and mushroom. DOOO IT! And then go get some Whitey's and smile :-)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Harris Pizza is a staple of the Quad City area, and normally there pizza is quite good. My family eats there often for special occasions such as birthdays or when other relatives are visiting from out of town. During my most recent visit I decided to try one of their new specialty pizzas called the Grecian Goalie, here's a description directly from their menu: "Grecian Goalie
GoldRush sauce lightly seasoned, spinach, black olives, artichoke hearts, diced tomatoes and our signature mozzarella." The waiter informed me that it had a white butter garlic sauce. My husband wanted mushroom pizza so we asked if we could just do half the Grecian Goalie and half mushroom. The waiter stated that in order to do that it had to be all the same sauce on the pizza. So then when ordering we requested all pizza sauce (and no goldrush sauce) So when the pizza arrived I took a bite and it had extremely salty taco seasoning mixed with pizza sauce on the Grecian side. It literally looked and tasted like they'd taken two packets of the the store bought taco seasoning (which had upwards of 400-600 mg of sodium and dumped it on the pizza- it was a dark brick-red color. Needless to say I called the waiter over very confused as to why there was taco seasoning and so much of it on a greek-style pizza. He took it back to the kitchen and returned and said they dust taco seasoning on it, that's the way it's supposed to be...the he said I can have them make you a new one but it will take at least 20 minutes and he said this in a pretty put off way with no apologetic tone. Then he said or I can just take half off your bill I guess. We went with the latter. So when the bill came the full amount was still on our receipt so my husband asked about it and the waiter said just go up front to the lady at the register and she will take care of it. However when he did she argued with him saying our waiter told her that we ordered it that way and she was refusing to give us half off. So the waiter clearly told us one thing and her another and just honestly brushed us off and didn't want to handle it. It took 5 minutes of arguing to get her to take $10 off the pizza.

So when I got home I called the Harris Pizza to ask to speak to a manager about how horrible the service was and how disappointed we were. This guy Eddie gets on the phone and I start calmly explaining what happened and he asks me if I asked for the pizza without taco seasoning and I reply I didn't think I'd have to request not to put taco seasoning on a greek-style pizza. His reply was in a very condescending tone "Well it clearly states so in the menu, mam..." This infuriated me because it doesn't and he was not apologizing for the rudeness of the two other employees and was instead treating me like an idiot. I honestly know that mis-communications and mistakes can easily happen anywhere and it wasn't the fact that this ingredient was not specified in menu or that it tasted awful that made me so upset. It was how myself and my husband were treated, it was completely uncalled for and come to find out after I posted about this on my FB page 12 other friends have had similar experiences at this location. It's really sad that a QC staple such as Harris Pizza has become so comfortable with just relying on their name and they don't feel they need to treat their customers with respect.

This was honestly the first time I've ever complained to a restaurant, but the level of disregard and disrespect the workers had at this location was insulting. They aren't original either here in the QC. There are dozens of copycat pizzerias in the area that have the Harris recipe and have opened up there own place with much better prices and service with the same exact taste. If you do want to try Harris Pizza I'd steer clear of the Rock Island location...

1  Thank LuluChar10
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Had to write a short review so that I could include a couple of pictures. The sausage pizza is the best! You must try a Gold Rush which is basically a cheese pizza with no red sauce. Cant say enough about this pizza! Wished that we had one here in Naperville so that I would not have to drive "home" to get a taste!!!!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Harris makes a wonderful pizza. It has always been a staple around our house. When relatives visit from out of town there is a Harris pizza in the house every day.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

If you grew up in the Quad-Cities, you've had Harris Pizza (and probably love it). That or you never left your bedroom.

If you did not grow up in the QC's and want to try a food style unique to the area, check out the best of the best. The crispy crust is the bomb, but you may want to order "light crust" to get a little more chewy crust with the right amount of crisp. The sausage pizza is the best, with a fantastic touch of fennel that makes it incredibly tasty. For an extra tasty twist, throw some black olives on it. For a great app, get the Gold Rush.

So for those traveling through to town, head up to Harris and grab a cold beer and great pizza. Thank me later.

Been to Harris Pizza? Share your experiences!