“Wonderfully delicious”

Ganson's Neighborhood Bakery & Cafe
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: All homemade food, desserts, and pastries. Great location with outside deck seating over looking Saukie Golf Course. Early 1900's mission style farmhouse converted into Rock Island's favorite eatery. Beer and Wine available. Gluten Free breads and desserts also available.
Moline, Illinois
“Wonderfully delicious”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My most favorite spot to eat! Everything is made from scratch and super tasty. Not your usual run of the mill menu. Great servers and homemade desserts to boot. You have to try this place!

• Visited August 2014

Appleton
“So Good!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Oh my, were our meals delicious! My daughter and I were in Illinois touring colleges and had to stop at Ganson's based on Trip Advisor reviews. I had the Complete BLT (bacon, lettuce, tomato, fried egg, and pepper jack cheese). Holy tasty sandwich! My daughter had the homemade Mac & Cheese with bacon. Both were fabulous! We had checked out all the tempting desserts in the case when we walked in with the intention of bringing a sinful-something back to the hotel room for later. By the time we finished our meals (approx. 30 mins after arriving), the desserts were all sold out except for two selections. Obviously everyone in town knows how wonderful these bakery items are. We couldn't believe how fast everything went. We did take two brownies (moist, thick, chocolatey, heavenly, gooey, deliciousness) with us. My, oh my, oh my! Nothing more to say. Glad I don't live in Rock Island.

Visited August 2014
Rock Island, Illinois
“Supreme baked delights”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I enjoy the lunch at Ganson's, but the highlight for me is the bakery. The cookies, rolls, bars, brownies, cakes and pie are to die for! Not only do they have an delicious line of traditional baked goods, they carry a full line of gluten-free items. Since I'm fortunate enough not to have a wheat allergy, I've never tried them, but I have heard they are excellent, also.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank DaisyJaneIowa
Bloomington, Indiana
“Great lunch ”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly service. Amazing menu. Had fried green tomatoes & bacon panini and their special burger w/ pulled pork. Then Apple crumble desert saved as an afternoon snack for our road trip !
Yummy. Highly recommended...

“Great atmosphere, decent food”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Food is very tasty but a bit pricey. Atmosphere is great. Nice outside seating on their deck. They serve great pastries but coffee is average. Nothing fancy.

• Visited June 2014