“Quick visit”

Jumers Casino Hotel
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Quick visit”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great hotel/casino. Good freeway access but kinda in the middle of nowhere to us. Not much close by. Excellent room. Bathroom walls were frosted glass - cool since we were all girls and in same family. Would have been awkward otherwise. This was a comp room for us so it may not be the avg room. Casino was a short walk down the hallway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TravisH159, Manager at Jumers Casino Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of one of the many casino rewards in the comped room and that you had an enjoyable trip. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Saint Michael, Minnesota
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed one night. the service was wonderful. We had a nice, comfortable room; although the bathroom is unique - it didn't feel as if it was very private being that it had a large frosted glass wall separating the shower from the sleeping area. The casino is kind of small, but they had a very nice variety of machines and it was wonderful that it was entirely non-smoking. They have a wonderful patio area outside that has a bonfire pit and tables and even a driving range. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Jumer's for your recent getaway and for the high remarks! I was pleased to see you were able to experience our service and property firsthand. I hope you had a chance to use the driving range and land a ball on the floating green. Thanks again for taking the time to complete the review and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Reviewed August 11, 2013

To bottom line it we had some drinks we tipped everybody and after 3hrs of losing... We played the tables and started winning and having fun again tipping all involved.. And then Robbie (db) kicked my sister and I out for being intoxicated! No warning no your cut off, drink water. The security staff handled the non situation in the most humiliating way possible. In turn they ended up losing 3 rooms and 8 people that would of spent money all night.... Not Vegas without the flight!!! Don't go!!

• Stayed August 2013
TravisH159, Manager at Jumers Casino Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We want to support our responsible gaming obligation but sincerely apologize for the manner in which it was conducted and that you were not able to continue having fun on the casino floor.
New Lenox, Illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I drive 2 1/2 hours to gamble and stay here. I could stay in Joliet but this is a better value. The rooms are nice and clean. The customer service is not beaten anywhere. The casino is big but not so big that you get lost. You get the Vegas feel without leaving Illinois. And a big bonus, no smoking! Table game minimums are reasonable unlike the Joliet area. Monday - Thursday until 4:00 you can play 50 cent roulette. There is no hiking minimums to 15.00 on weekends. The buffet is delicious and the menus change each night. I have been comped rooms several times now and I will continue to return to Jumers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for making the short trip from Chicago on I-80 and thank you for the review. We strive to offer Vegas-type gaming at a reasonable rate and you hit it right on the head! We will continue to offer these great rewards and limits in the future and can't wait to see you again soon...travel safely!
Bartlett, Illinois
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The nicest resort casino close toChicago. Rooms are lovely with a glass enclosed shower,some rooms even have a balcony. And the casino is just the right size, not too big that you get lost in it with plenty of penny machines. And the best part is it is in Illinois so it's non smoking....a big plus!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your raving review and for the tag as the "Nicest casino resort close to Chicago". We really appreciate you taking the time to travel to the Quad Cities and will continue to work hard to live up to that reputation. We can't wait to have you as our guest again...thanks!
New Berlin
Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you want to see what customer service and comfort is all about ....this is a destination worth checking out.This is a updated hotel (Wi-Fi complimentary,spa,indoor swimming pool,very nice outdoor patio w/ huge gas firepit and even a driving range hitting to in water placed greens)The casino is smoke free except for some designated areas.Customer service at the front desk and throughout the facility is top notch.Casino offers attainable perks and the buffet offers a daily changing theme.Rooms are updated and you are in for a pleasant surprise with the bathroom layout.Easy access off interstate 280 and Illinois.92 .3 hrs from Milwaukee.
Only 10-15 minutes from downtown Quad cities area

Room Tip: room 405 is just off elevater and close to ice machine and overlooks the parking lot
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TravisH159, Manager at Jumers Casino Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
Dwight, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2013

First the good: room was very nicely appointed.

Now the bad; service from the very get go was atrocious. I asked the front desk if I could upgrade to a room with a view for our 34th anniversary, she smirked and said we have you facing the parking lot........then I had to ask for a cart for our luggage, there was no offer of assistance. This is the first "hotel" that I"ve ever been to without a bell staff. My wife walked in from outside, as I checked in, and couldn't find the front desk and yes she came in the door marked hotel check in.

Then comes the food, we received $25 in food credit each night and now I know why; they have to pay guests to eat there. It all started with the buffet, the worst food of any buffet I've ever encountered........couldn't hold a candle to Cici's. Our waitress got our drink order wrong, after we found her 15 minutes later, it was printed on the receipt and she still got it wrong. I recall wandering around searching for boiled shrimp, the shrimp sauce was there but not a shrimp in sight. I got in line for some food and a woman gets in line behind me who was absent of teeth, any teeth. She went on to expound on why she enjoys, breakfast for dinner......indicative of the clientele throughout this establishment. No matter what food we tried (at buffet or the cafe) it lacked one thing; taste.

We went to the Image Club to get our casino cards, I stood in line behind my wife with three employees present, including the supervisor over the area......would have thought they would have asked me if I needed assistance but I continued to wait in line. As my wife was providing info, for her card, the marketing rep asked her for her phone number and email address, to which she politely declined and was asked if she was "refusing" to provide it. The rep was about as rude as they come.

Got back to our room to find we had only one bar of soap and two towels. My wife asked what she was to do if she needed to wash her hands after she took a shower and they told her she should move the soap from the shower to the sink.......can you imagine.

Didn't eat at the hotel the second night but did attempt to sign up for a poker tourney. An easel had a posting for a 7pm tourney, I tried to sign up at 4pm but was turned away as they limit sign up to two hours prior to tourney. I came back at 6:03 and asked to sign up and was told it already started, they would not allow me entry. I asked about the easel posting and they told me it was for next Monday not today........go figure. I then inquired about entry into a $1/$2 NL table and they put my namr down said they would start a table, I came back a half hour later and they then said they wouldn't start a game. Can you imagine not having enough pokers players to get a table going.

Seems to me this establishment has little knowledge of what it takes to attract players, my wife and I refused to gamble........too bad for them.

Mr. & Mrs. RB

2 Thank Rick B
Thank you for your candid feedback from your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience experienced during your stay. We are addressing the issues stated from the quality of food to the amenities in the hotel room to ensure we not only meet but exceed expectations for our guests. Customer service is a top priority for us so we hope you consider a return visit in the future so you can see first-hand how we have improved upon our services. Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rock Island
Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Holiday Inn Rock Island - Quad Cities
Comfort Inn Moline - Quad Cities
Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities
Hotel Blackhawk, Autograph Collection

Been to Jumers Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!