Jumers Casino Hotel
$81
HolidayInn.com
American Motor Inn(Rock Island)
$52
$109
$99
$109
GardenInn.com
All reviewsnon smokingthe quad citiesdriving rangeblue squaresmoke free casinowalk in showerrooms are nicejunior suitefirst floorstayed one nightexercise roombreakfast buffetbed was very comfortablepillowsperksvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We spent one night here. Had a little "hicup" checking in when clerk did not want to honor the online price but that was quickly worked out. Our room had two queen size beds- bed was comfortable but pillows were too big for me. The bathroom was large with both a shower and a tub. Awesome large - open shower. One other reviewer noted that the bathroom light lit up the whole room - which is true - but not a big deal. TV was a nice flatscreen with plenty of channels.

We did have to show IDs upon entering the casino - but our hands were stamped and reentry was not an issue. We gambled a bit - the slots were not kind to me....but they usually are not.**HA** Hubby played black jack for a while and said the dealers, pitboss and host were all friendly and easy to talk with.

We did not eat here so no comments on the restaurants.

Best part is that this place is non-smoking. A big plus for us.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I have been customers there since the place opened. Before that we played on the riverboat casino by the same name. They recently changed hands and I am not yet sure if it was for better or worse.
We have always found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating, understanding that at night the place fills up and you may have to be a little patient. The bartenders can be a little snippy at times recently but I blame the new owners for that as they appear to have reduced staff.
The rooms are always neat and clean and well designed. My only complaint is the light shining into the bedroom when the bathroom light is turned on. The shower stall has a translucent glass wall facing it.
You can't beat the perks if you take the time to pick up a Players Card at the casino customer service counter. As far as the food cost is concerned you can easily have any buffet at half price just by showing the card at the entrance. The slots and table games also provide point ($) refunds just for playing and they are available to you as soon as you earn them if you wish.
As far as comps go- we get newsletters with coupons for free buffets and free or discounted rooms every month. HOWEVER - things seem to be changing with new ownership. My wife and I tend to gamble close to the same amount every month.(we live in Wisconsin -210 miles away)
and always stay at least one night in the hotel. We would generally get 2 free nights every month. Two months ago it was a free night Sun-Thurs. Now it is a discounted room $29 any night Sun-Thurs. Always there were Free Buffets with the newsletters (at least 2 apiece)
The slots seem to be as "loose" as any in the area and there are usually room at any of the table games. Also you can't beat the 99 cent Shrimp cocktails served at the bar at any time.
The themed special buffets are usually pretty good also. We have never tried the "Fine Dining resturaunt.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor - the pool is there and that is where the kiddies stay.
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We are from Wisconsin so we come here for a long weekend often. The rooms are awesome. Always clean. Big shower with of towels. There is even a turn down service. Employees at the register desk are fast and friendly. The Players Buffet is eh...a buffet. I think they need to bump it up a bit. Everything is rather bland. The lobster is tough and chewy, but I am not sure that can be helped, how do you cook lobster for a crowd without it sitting under the lights for awhile? We have only eaten breakfast at their Blue Square Cafe. Food i.s good, prices resonable and servers are great. The Casino is the main attraction, machines are up to date and casino itself is clean. I also love the fact that there is no smoking. Now, if the machines would share some of their wealth with me, I would be especially happy! :) They have a pool and whirlpool for guests. I have only used the whirlpool and love it. Very clean We have never used the pool as it is small but looks clean and is always full of kids. All in all Jumers Hotel and Casino is a great get away

1  Thank Klehan
Reviewed August 5, 2012

DO NOT go to Jumer's casino in Rock Island, IL. as they will take your machine away from you when you want to go have a smoke or use the restrooms. Horrible experience. My advise is to STAY AWAY and go somewhere else.

Catfish Bend in Burlington Iowa is one of the best, because they care about you and if you are having a pleasant evening, Jumer's cares less if you enjoy yourself or not!

RUDE UNCARING ZOMBIE STAFF! F-

Room Tip: Go to Catfish Bend in Burlington Iowa for a great experience in gambling!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank grizzwolf
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Got carded twice in a matter of 2 minutes.

I assumed I would get carded to enter the casino floor; not a problem, but then 2 minutes later at the bar inside the casino floor, I was carded when ordering a draft beer.

Apparently, they get a lot of "fence jumpers" in their casino, which requires them to card you for alcohol.

Was almost carded a 3rd time on the second round after a long stare by the bartender and apparently a "roll of the dice" that I was of legal drinking age. I'm 33 years old with a receding hair line.

Never mind the stamp on my hand.

Just a weird experience.