“I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy”

Jumers Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rock Island
Reviewed February 7, 2012

You can sum this place up like this - a lame attempt at a Vegas type casino. Booked 3 rooms months in advance. Called back twice to confirm, showed up to check in and they couldn't find my reservations. They became rude with me instantly. Rooms are not sound proof. Bathrooms are a giant light bulb with no privacy. If you have to go in the middle of the night just flip on the mega LED bathroom and your friends can wake listen to you have a bowl movement. As an encore they can watch you in the morning clean up inside the silhouette shower. This summarizes my experience, got back to the hotel after dinner with friends and there was a wedding group waiting in the lobby of the casino. I then tried to get into the casino and they denied me, said I was intoxicated, watched me "wobble up" to the entrance, apparently from the wedding that held there. I laughed thinking they were joking but they weren't. I became pretty annoyed since I had booked a room there and wasn't even drinking. The half wits taking IDs apparently thought I was with the wedding. I then learned they wouldn't even allow the wedding party into the casino after they paid them to have it there and none of the people from the wedding looked even remotely drunk, obnoxious or even loud. I know this since I was sober. My heart goes out to the couple that held the reception there and took it in the rear from that place. D. James Jumer would be embarrassed if he knew what type of 3rd rate place they've created in Rock Island. Save your money, fly to VEGAS, at least they know how to take care of people there.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
28  Thank Patrick W

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We had our wedding reception at Jumer's on January 14th 2012. The security staff went out of their way to harass our guests and not allow them in the casino. They were asking people waiting to get in if they had been at the wedding reception, then would turn them away. I was the Groom and was treated horrible by the staff, as was members of our families including the Father of the Bride. We had members of our wedding party treated so bad that they checked out of the hotel and left. It has almost been a month and Jumer's has still done nothing, even though dozens of people left comment cards, emailed and called them to complain.
Do not have your wedding reception here.

We did however enjoy the bed in the room.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
32  Thank Rob F
Reviewed February 6, 2012

the hotel is great, clean, good t.v., ammenities. only prob. w/ room is that some of the guests are quite noisy. pool is small but great exercise rm. and equipment. food is great at buffet esp. on fri. and sat. (seafood nights) and relatively inexpensive. casino usually has great comps. What I love best about whole experience is: ALL NONSMOKING.only bad thing is the buffet is not open to children.

Room Tip: get toward middle of hallway if you can that way don't havea GREAT distance to walk to food vend...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Carol G
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed here for a free night - room was very new and exceptionally nice! Casino was great as it is non-smoking. We also enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Butffet was average for Sunday night but breakfast at $5.99 was really good and well worth the price. Overall, I'd highly recommend Jumer's!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Stayed one night the first week of January in a king size room on a comp. Very modern room, clean and quiet. We love the big walk in shower. Comfortable bed. The steak house on site is expensive for the quality. The buffet is great though. The entire facility is non smoking, including the casino, which brings us here frequently from Iowa. There is a small but clean indoor pool and hot tub. The spa is only average, my wife prefers the spa at Riverside Casino in Iowa.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I am a regular and am used to a comp room - so when i got my regular mailing with reduced comps ( higher prices ) I figured it was a mistake- so I called and the VIP staff told me indeed it was a mistake and they booked me a room ( comp ) and told me to bring in my booklet and they would switch the comp page with the right one- so when I came in - they said - no- that is right the room will cost you. so I was a little peeved. I just figured they get paid to lie. you shouldn't have to gamble on what they tell you.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank proteamone
Reviewed December 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed for a couple of nights as they were comped. We enjoy the casino as it is non-smoking and the rooms are clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food is good and there are theme nights. There isn't much in the near area and usually drive into Iowa for fuel as it is cheaper there. We like going in the summer as we play the area golf courses which are close to the hotel. Will go back if the comps keep coming!

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the highway are quieter if you like having the window open.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Radisson on John Deere Commons
Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline

Been to Jumers Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!