“Horrible-Never Again”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Rock Falls
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Horrible-Never Again”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

During the month of August, my husband and I stayed at Days Inn in Rock Falls, IL on three separate occasions (total of 9 nights). Each time, we left feeling disappointed/disgusted. The cleanliness of the hotel was sub-par, to say the least. During our last visit, the toilet was absolutely filthy! Also, there was poor wifi connectivity in the room. If you care about cleanliness or internet access, I would advise you to pay the extra money and stay across the street at Country Inn and suites.

I contacted Days Inn via their company website and provided feedback over a month ago to give them the opportunity to respond. However, they've yet to acknowledge my feedback. It's disappointing that I gave my business to a company that doesn't seem to care about customer experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tami R, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I want to personally apologize to you for your less than enjoyable experience at our hotel. It is our goal to always provide our valuable guests with excellent guest service and quality accommodations. I will definitely investigate further to see what happened with your original complaint. Once again, I apologize and do hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Germantown
Reviewed September 16, 2013

nice stay great for business trip, food in restaurant is incredible, Staff in hotel are wonderful and caring

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Tami R, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your excellent review! We appreciate you and look forward to serving you again very soon.
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My stay was excellent and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean and quiet and thats a big plus!! Whatever I needed the staff was there to help in anyway. I had the breakfast in the restaurant which was also good. I really dont have any complaints about my stay except for the circumstances on why I was there, (funeral), all in all i was pleased and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your praises of our hotel and our awesome TEAM! We value the opinions of our guest and do hope to serve you again (under better circumstances).
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is an older hotel. I know it has gone through some name changes. The staff was very friend & will to help in any way. Our room was clean. The restaurant attached was very good also. the staff in there was also very friendly. The only thing that we didn't care for was we could hear the noise in the hallway. The noise wasn't till morning when we were up & other guest were leaving. Could be an inconvenience if there was a party there at night.

• Stayed August 2013
Tami R, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your weekend with us. Our team works very hard to ensure all of our valuable guest enjoy their visit. Please allow us the privilege of serving you again soon.
Rising City, NE
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We just left this hotel this morning (August 1, 2013) and were not impresssed at all. We travel extensively and for the $70/night that they charged us it is not justified. We should have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites across the road for $118/night. The minute we entered the room it smelled very musty and like moth balls. It was very humid in the room and we wondered why to only find out later the carpet was wet.. We could not walk on the carpet without wearing shoes and it was full of sand. We didn't realize this until it was time to go to bed last night, and by that time we didn't want to change rooms. The sheets on the bed were even damp due to the extreme humidity in the room. My husband went to the front desk this morning to let them know and the most they would discount the room was 10%....we should of had a 1/2 price room or free, as the maintenance man even acknowledged there might be water problems in Room 135 and 137. We even saw a woodchuck outside our window last night when we first arrived. I guess we should have learned our lesson many years ago when we stayed at a horrible Days Inn but we thought we would try it. The only highlight of this overnight stay was the restaurant that was attached, which served very good food.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor.....there is probably a reason why the front desk clerk asked if we w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tami R, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Positive and negative feedback are equally important to us. I assure you your comments are being addressed and resolved. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Rock Falls hotels

Ames Iowa
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Days Inn in Rock Falls is by no means a modern hotel, but the price was appropriate for the level of amenities of this hotel. The best surprise of the stay? The prepared to order breakfast from the adjacent restaurant...yummy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler6310, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our delicious complimentary cook to order breakfast. We are looking forward to serving you again very soon.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel is a great value! Normally I stay at higher priced chains. In the Rock Falls area there are not a lot of options, I normally stay at Country Inn and Suites. We had a short notice visit to the area for a funeral. The Country Inn and Suites was $220/night. We decided to call the Days Inn. They offered a funeral rate that was $58/night. The room was clean. It had everything we needed ... Microwave, fridge, etc. My only complaint is that the wireless signal did not make it to our room. We were on the far side of the building. I was extremely surprised at how happy I was there.

Room Tip: If you need Internet in our room, ask for a room by the lobby.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Traveler6310, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for your great review about your most recent stay with us, although I was sorry to read the reason for the trip. We are getting a lot of people who are amazed by our value and quality versus our higher priced competitors. I was surprised to hear you had and issue with our internet. We have multiple access points in the building to give a solid connection regardless of room location. We have gone and reset these due to your comments and tested via a wireless device to ensure proper connection and speed, so thank you for letting us know. We hope you visit us on your next trip and on happier terms. We also have more updates and renovations still on the way, so as good as we are now we will be that much better soon.

Thank you again for your kind words.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rock Falls
Comfort Inn Dixon
#1 of 3 in Dixon
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Fulton
O'Connell's Yogi Bear Park

Been to Days Inn - Rock Falls? Share your experiences!