“Mice in room. Enough said!!!”

Days Inn - Rock Falls
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Rock Falls
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had to stay here on business. Never again. Mattress horrible. Creepy guests standing in doorways. Halls smell like smoke. When I awoke to a mouse chewing on styrofoam in trash can I called front desk and they'll told me I had to wait until. 7 am when maintenance arrived!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Traveler6310, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to report since your last stay we have changed to a Days Inn, providing brand standards across the board and are now also 100% non smoking. We are updating much of the property with new beds, TV's and even increasing the internet speeds for our guests. While the prior management here was not very well qualified to run the property we have a very experienced manager now in place and it shows. Then to top it all off the prices have been lowered to better suit more guests as we know times are tough and we want to be your only choice when in the area. I also know many of the hotels reviews are rather old and not remotely accurate to what we are now, we wanted to take the time to address them, as we want more reviews to better help us improve everyday, and if you look at our competitors, none take this extra time that we always will.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed August 11, 2012

The hotel is at a good location and the people are friendly. Con side: book a non-smoking room, but the hallway reeked of ciggy smoke, was informed by the front desk that the room is non-smoking but there are rooms on the 2nd floor that are smoking, huh; bathtub mat had mold underneath it to which housekeeping (when asked) was able to address to good extent (some still remained); the room light switches are dirty; dust/dirt clearly visible at base boards; business center computer outdated and couldn't/wouldn't print, Internet extremely slow during various hours of the day; cobwebs by the 2nd floor entrance door; dirty handles on the lobby water cooler. Probably wouldn't stay here again, especially during allergy season.

Room Tip: perhaps request room on first floor?
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The reviews weren't great and family and friends didn't give it a great rating. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, large, comfortable and quiet. Flat screen tv with full cable. A competent staff that was easy to work with. We found it to be a bit overpriced but the staff help with a discount.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one brief night. That was mure than enough! The entire hotel smelled overwhelmingly of cigarette smoke. There were several HUGE dead bugs welcoming us in the stairwell. The parking lot was strewn with beer bottles and rowdy patrons. The pool had a sign on it stating, " closed by the Dept. of Public Health". My husband, myself and three kids under 7 all had to sleep on two full size beds. They weren't even queens! There were doors slamming all night long. I am not exaggerating... It was terrible. Stay at the Coyntry Inn across the street. You will be glad you did!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank MomXsthree
Traveler6310, General Manager at Days Inn - Rock Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am happy to report the hotel has changed companies and names providing a completely new experience for our guests since your visit. Not only are we upgrading all those full size beds to new queen beds, the pool has been open for months as well with no interruptions. While we where not the ones who provided this inferior service, I wanted to address the review and while we can get some rowdy guests from time to time as every hotel in the world does, we now handle them differently not allowing them to remain on property if causing any issues.

Thank you again for your time and again I am sorry the prior company failed at providing you what you deserved during your stay.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

After reading other reviews I was slightly worried about staying at the hotel, but when the time came around I never stayed at hotel with such a nice staff. I have a feeling management changed and things are being handled differently. The housekeeping staff was very polite saying good morning or hello as we passed, along with the employees at the front desk. Overall I would say our stay was good, even though the pool wasnt up and running. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Miri-1089

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us. We have gone even further since January 1st 2013 and have changed to a full nationally recognized brand as well as we are updating the hotel over the 2013 calendar year to provide the great service we always have with a refreshed product, including some changes in our on site restaurant The All American Bar & Grill.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

My sister-in-law and I stayed at this hotel recently. I had just become a first time grandmother and was so excited to be here. When my card was declined at a local fast food restaurant, I called the credit card company and discovered that the hotel had put a hold on my credit card effectively cutting off my source of money to buy food and gas. I went back to the hotel and talked to someone at the front desk. He informed me that this was policy and that nothing could be done until I checked out. I asked if they could go ahead and charge me for the four nights' stay so that I could use my card, but the answer was no. After talking with my credit card company, I realized that I couldn't even check out early and have the use of my card. Apparently it could take up to three days after my card was charged for the hold to be removed. After returning home, I called the hotel to inquire as to how long would I have to wait until I had the use of my card again. The woman I spoke with was extremely rude. She argued with me saying that the hotel does not put holds on cards. Then she said they only put holds on debit cards. I told her that the hotel does place holds on cards and that mine was a credit card. She tried to brush me off with "you'll have to talk to the credit card company, we don't remove holds". I informed her that the guy at the dest that I had talked to while at the hotel told me that the hotel placed the hold and that the hotel would remove the hold. Then she really got nasty. She said, "you used your card to check out, so you must be able to use it." Oh boy, was she something! I called back the next morning and talked to a guy (believe him to be the one I spoke to in person). He probably had a heads up from the hateful woman because he was very accomodating. He called my credit card company and asked that the hold be removed. He then called me back to tell me that it would take effect the next day. Which it did. All in all, my card was useless to me for 7 days. I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Quality Inn and Suites Dixon
All Seasons Motel
All Seasons Motel
#4 of 6 in Rock Falls

Been to Days Inn - Rock Falls? Share your experiences!