“My all time favorite Mexican restaurant”

La Familia Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Rock Falls
Cuisines: Mexican
Sterling, Illinois
“My all time favorite Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have been a regular patron of La Familia since it opened. The chips and salsa are fresh made which I really appreciate. Service is always fast and friendly. More than most restaurants I always am made to feel welcome and that my business is appreciated.

The food is consistently good and well prepared. I like that they have daily specials (especially carnitas and chicken mole).

I have been eating Mexican food since I was a kid and this is the restaurant I always come back to.

• Visited December 2013

Rock Falls, IL
“Love to eat!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great food & service .... don't miss out on the quality of food that they serve Lunch or Dinner!! Just wish we could have a bigger choice when it comes to cocktails!!

• Visited December 2013
Elgin, Illinois USA
“Best tortilla chips ever, great service, clean environment,remainder hit or miss.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place makes their own tortilla chips and they are the best that I have ever had, which is no small feat, very fresh, very crisp and brittle, not greasy and perfectly salted. The salsa which visually resembled canned tomato sauce tasted better than it looked. The chile rellano, tamale, beans and rice were on par with better taquerias but the enchilada was inexplicable bad. It was greasy and flavorless. The staff was absolutely wonderful and the interior of the place was very clean and welcoming. Overall a very welcome find in Rock Falls.

• Visited July 2013
Sterling, Illinois
“great mexican”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

love the atmosphere, Mr. Barajas is nice, great food at a decent price. Chips and salsa and soup included. Yummy lemonaid.

Visited September 2012
Schaumburg, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Find!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The food is very fresh and authentic! The owners make you feel like your right at home. I definitely will be going back on my next trip through town!!

• Visited July 2012