“Nice Place”

Holiday Inn Express Rochelle
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rochelle
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Clean room with fridge and microwave in rooms. friendly staff with plenty of places to eat nearby. They have anytime fitness pass to use right down the road which is really nice.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank johnie226

Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel is relatively new and is in fairly good condition. I believe the hotel is around 4-to-5 years old. They offer a nice breakfast with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, breakfast rolls and bread. The eggs were a little cold on the day I eat there. I did not see a microwave in the eating area but I was in a hurry and could have missed the appliance. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room. There were juices and milk to drink along with coffee, tea and etc.

The hotel was clean and I felt that that the hotel was worth the money due to the discount. This is near an area with several restaurants and gas stations plus near the interstate. There is a new Walmart being built within 1/2 mile of the hotel. There is also State Parks within 20 miles of this hotel. This would be near Oregon, Illinois. The scenary and the river is very nice. Worth the time to go see the sites.

You are also approximately 20 miles from Rockford, Illinois where a minor league basebal team plays. I did enjoy my stay. The room was clean and the bed did allow me to sleep. The bed could be a little more comfortable but I have stayed in worse.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Will stay there again in future trips.

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing to the EAST.(look onto the parking lot).
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AAITIS1951
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Newish hotel, stayed here with a group of 30+ on our way to soccer tourney in Wisconsin. Nice hotel, very accomodating to our large group. Clean rooms and okay breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cschuten
Reviewed June 7, 2011

A sweet young lady named Manda met us as we walked in to book a room. Our rate was $103.00 for a room with 2 queen beds. She was very pleasant and personable. That sort of thing makes you feel welcome and happy after a day of traveling.

Our room was larger than anything we had on our 2 week vacation. The t.v. was a large flatscreen, which my boys loved. The bathroom was big, too. The breakfast area is enormous and very well appointed with decorations and couches and chairs. Breakfast was warm and good, but no over the top.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mydogisfat
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I had read the previous reviews about bedbugs and called prior to my stay. As a nurse and new mom, I'm very concerned about cleanliness. The receptionist was very nice and said she wasn't aware of any problem and was very reassuring, inviting us to look at the room before we stayed there. So, we booked a stay, and I'm happy we did. The furniture was a tiny bit dated and the hotel was a little out of the way, but I'm happy to report our room was very clean and didn't have problems with bugs. There was a plastic-y mattress cover on the bed, but didn't bother us much. The breakfast ladies were very pleasant and there was a good variety of food (hot and cold), though the bread and bagels were dried out. Pool and office were clean, the pool area was out of towels, but we were able to grab one from the fitness center next door. Overall, a very good stay - the most important thing to me was a quiet night's sleep and cleanliness. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank gowangirl
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I stayed here on business not expecting much since the hotel is somewhat remote located in a truck stop area. Except for the evening clerk (not very professional) and the halls smell like smoke everything was great. It has a nice breakfast and lobby areas, large clean rooms and a nice large warm indoor pool.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank rondot98
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Friendly staff, clean hotel, and large rooms made for a pleasant stay until I slid between the sheets and heard the crackly sound of a plastic-lined mattress pad. ugh

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank 2Onthego
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochelle
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Rochelle
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Rockford
Motel 6 Sycamore
Motel 6 Sycamore
#4 of 4 in Sycamore
Hampton Inn - DeKalb (Near the University)
Hilton Garden Inn Rockford
Super 8 Rochelle
Super 8 Rochelle
#1 of 4 in Rochelle

Been to Holiday Inn Express Rochelle? Share your experiences!