“By far the best place to eat in Rochelle hands down!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flight Deck Bar and Grill

Flight Deck Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Flight Deck Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Rochelle
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-88 & Hwy 251
Description: The Flight Deck Bar & Grill is open year-round at the Rochelle Municipal Airport. April thru October, enjoy a unique view of parachutes descending overhead during Chicagoland Skydiving Center operations. The menu features a variety of appetizers, salads, sandwiches and entrees featuring seasonal ingredients. The bar serves beer, wine and liquor and has a seasonal list of signature cocktails and infuses its own flavored liquors. Reservations are accepted for parties up to 30.
Rochelle, IL. USA
“By far the best place to eat in Rochelle hands down!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

As far as the atmosphere, food and entertainment this is the place to go in Rochelle. Darian the Head Chef is awesome. He is a great cook and very friendly, he always tries to please his customers. We frequently drop in at the Flight Deck and always have stellar service. Lastly, the skydiving is a blast to watch while your enjoying your time at the restaurant!

1 Thank phlgna1

Rochelle, Illinois
“Rochelle's best!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I have been going to the Flight Deck since they opened, and all the good and the bad considered, my family LOVES this place. For years I had hoped that a restaurant would come to Rochelle that would have some great dishes, using fresh ingredients, and serve something other than Italian food. I even considered opening a place myself. My prayers were answered when Chef Darian came to town. He has a true passion for food that you can tell after talking to him for only a short while, or tasting one of his signature dishes. Now, have there been issues with service? Yes. Have there been issues with consistency when Darian is not in the kitchen? Yes. But I chalk it up as growing pains for a new restaurant, and I have seen them take steps to correct these issues. There are still some areas they could improve on, been when the food is this good, you can see past a lot of the small things. Overall, if you are coming thru Ogle County, do yourself a favor and stop by the Flight Deck for a bite. You can thank me later.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cori H
Northbrook, Illinois, United States
“Drop In”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

A great destination for good food and a unique atmosphere. Being located at an airport with extensive skydiving activity provides great entertainment to accompany the great food. Jamie provides great, friendly service

1 Thank Rogers F
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love flying in for good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I flew in for some good foot and entertainment. The chicken strips are great. We like flying in and sitting outside watching the sky divers (aka meat bombs in the pilot world). It's a great place to hear good music and eat good food.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mkaiser124
Valladolid, Mexico
“You need a reason to visit Rochelle Illinois ....and this restaurant could be it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We are here visiting family in Rochelle Illinois. Otherwise this nice small Midwest town is not exactly a tourist Mecca.

With 10 days here we have 10 lunches and 10 dinners to eat at local restaurants.

Being called "foodies" by our friends, we were not overly excited about our dining options in this trip..........well surprise surprise!

We found a extraordinary Japanese restaurant where we had a straight from Japan dinner which I wrote a separate review on.....and also a restaurant called "The Flight Deck bar and grill" located at local airport.

This place is GREAT! We have eaten here 4 times out of our 20 meals. They are open every day for lunch and dinner....and also serve breakfast on the weekends ( which we did not try).

The food is MADE FROM FRESH TOP QUALITY INGREDIENTS AND VERY WELL PREPARED BY THEIR NEW HEAD CHEF. His name is Darian, I took the time on our second visit to introduce myself and personally complement him.

The menu is quite varied with 6 or so hearty appetizers, a number of speciality sandwiches and salads as well as several hearty entrees including a surprisingly reasonably priced steak that was one of the best I have had recently... including at some pretty price steakhouses.

I also really enjoyed their Caesar salad which you can add chicken, beef, salmon or shrimp to for an extra charge. The salmon salad was a real deal ....the piece of salmon for only 4 dollars extra was an entree portion at most other restaurants...and absolutely perfectly cooked. Their chef knows how to cook fish!

Deserts....well this is another reason to come here...BIG PORTIONS, delicious and quite a variety to choose from ..again very reasonably priced .

Yes they have a complete bar ...and on friday and Saturday nights are told they also have live music.

Service staff is very attentive. We especially enjoyed the service we had by Hannah who remembered what we drank on a previous visit and got the drinks very quickly.

If you are in Rochelle Illinois....you owe it to yourself to come and eat here. They also have outdoor tables facing the field at the airport where the skydivers come down in their parachutes since the airport is also home for the Chicago Skydiving Center.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank wwtravelerAAA

Been to Flight Deck Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!