“Fun viewing”

Flight Deck Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Flight Deck Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Rochelle
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-88 & Hwy 251
Description: The Flight Deck Bar & Grill is open year-round at the Rochelle Municipal Airport. April thru October, enjoy a unique view of parachutes descending overhead during Chicagoland Skydiving Center operations. The menu features a variety of appetizers, salads, sandwiches and entrees featuring seasonal ingredients. The bar serves beer, wine and liquor and has a seasonal list of signature cocktails and infuses its own flavored liquors. Reservations are accepted for parties up to 30.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Visited the day after Mother's Day about 1pm and the place was nicely busy. We were still able to get a tall table up near the front with an excellent view of the sky divers. My Mom had been the week earlier when the weather was nice and said the big sort of garage door was wide open and they really had good views. The place also has a patio with tables so you can eat right outside.
Service was friendly but not too speedy. At a place where we are there as much to watch the sky divers as eat, no problem for us. I visit Rochelle two or three times a year and would definitely return.
My sister had the burger and gave it 5 stars. My Mom had a cobb salad and I had a blackened chicken salad; both were excellent.

2  Thank mench

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have been here twice. Our first time was on opening night which was disappointing. We went with another couple and we waited for almost 15 minutes just to get a drink. We finally ordered our food and our friends had to leave after 45 minutes of waiting. We got their order and took it with us. Our food finally came and I had ordered an ice tea only to be told 15 minutes later they had ran out. opening night problems.
Our second visit was just myself and wife. Our experience was much better. We were seated as soon as we came in. The waitress was well versed in what was good and made some suggestions. I ordered fired shrimp. I was surprised to find that they were lightly breaded and pan fried not deep fried. This was the first time I had ever had any shrimp done like this and they were very good. We were in and out of there in about an hour. The place was not as crowded or as busy as opening night. We will be going back again and see what other items to try.