“My first choice in Rochelle.”
Review of Super 8 Rochelle

Super 8 Rochelle
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rochelle
New York City, New York
“My first choice in Rochelle.”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I've been visiting Rochelle for many years. Comfort Inn was always my choice for a motel in Rochelle, but prices rose sharply over time. When I'm in town, I just use the motel to sleep, so paying a high price for a fitness center, and restaurant on site didn't do me any good. I tried the Super 8 once, and I never looked back to Comfort Inn! Super 8 has the same nice room, quiet location, clean, and well cared for. Like Comfort Inn, Super 8 also has a breakfast, hot waffles, cereal, and some pasties fuel me up for the morning. The best part of all is I save $20 to $30 per night! The staff is always friendly, and the owner/manager always has a keen eye on anything that is not perfect. I enjoy my stays here, and look forward to many more!

Room Tip: No elevator in this 2-floor motel. If that's a problem, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Muskegon
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I give this hotel and excellent review, but please keep in mind that it is an excellent BUDGET hotel. This is not a fancy schmancy place. In fact, when you walk into the lobby, you might think about walking right back out. It's in need of repair and has a musty smell to it. But...get to the rooms. They are spacious and clean. Ours had a fridge AND a microwave. This is a BIG selling point for extended stay travelers and we regret we were just moving through town. Our "extended stay" fancier hotel did not have these nice ammenities. There is also free wifi, and a pretty dang decent breakfast with fresh waffles you poor onto the iron yourself, mixed fruit such as apples, bananas, oranges, some honey buns, toast, cereal, orange juice...Ours was $69 a night for double occupancy with two queen beds. When we checked out, the owner gave us some pointers on scoring the best deals at hotels which we found really helpful later on in our trip. Overall, we were really happy for the price. It's not the downtown Chicago Hilton, but it is a great value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank BKBails
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I normally don't write review. But thought to do justice to this motel in stayed in. The place was clean, right from the entrance of the hotel to the room, The bathroom as very clean and the beds were comfortable. The television set had many channels and the morning breakfast was nice too, Well worth the money spend.

I would recommend this place for other to stay. and yes finally the hotel staff was very friendly too.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Travellingman_007_11
Duluth, MN
Reviewed May 6, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Super 8 Motel in Rochelle, Illinois. While not outstanding, our stay was good in all respects. Check-in was very quick, and the staff is very friendly. Our room was spacious and well-equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. The motel has wireless internet that was extremely easy to use and seemed to have decent speed. The bed, while it felt a bit firm at first, turned out to be surprisingly comfortable. The free breakfast seemed to have the usual assortment of offerings that I'd expect for a motel in this price range and was more than adequate.

There are a number of minor improvements that could be made to make this motel a standout. While the room itself was pleasant and clean, the corridor had a considerable cigarette smoke odor; new carpet, ceiling tiles, and paint would make for a noticeable improvement. In the room itself, the light over the sink/mirror was inoperable, one of the lights near the bed had a touchy switch, and the light/fan switch for the bathroom was in an awkward location. The heating unit, needed as we stayed on a cloudy and unseasonably cool early May day, did not regulate the temperature well, and I ended up shutting it off during the night. None of these would keep me from staying again, but did seem to be nuisances that could be easily resolved.

Having stayed in Bloomington, Normal, and Peru, Illinois on previous other trips to or through this area due to it being a reasonable day's drive to or from Duluth, the Super 8 in Rochelle is certainly on par with the other places I've stayed in the region. It is comparable in terms of price, furnishings, and amenities, and will meet your needs if the area is your destination or if you're using I-39 to get to or from somewhere else on a longer trip.

Room Tip: Arrive early to get a choice of 1st or 2nd floor
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jahoduluth
Ottumwa,IA
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Rate on the rooms door was outdated. Charge was 20.00 higher than rate. Higher than most super 8's. Smoke detector hanging from ceiling. French fries under the head of bed as well as dust and someones lost articles.Noisy the night we stayed.Breakfast so slim we passed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrbanjos
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Staff very friendly. Could smell dirty rug upon entering place. Rug in room dirty and smelly, need to burn rug. Would stay again only if you could assure me that the rug was replace. Consider making it an smoke free place also, could smell smoke as well.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank lytonia
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Stayed here for one night on our way to Minnesota. No complaints. Rate was average (not expensive but not great) as was the room and staff. Good enough for an overnighter.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochelle
Comfort Inn & Suites
Paddle Wheel Inn
Paddle Wheel Inn
#1 of 1 in Oregon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sycamore

Been to Super 8 Rochelle? Share your experiences!