“Unexpected Surprise in Small Town America”
Review of Los Jardines

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Los Jardines
Ranked #19 of 26 Restaurants in Robinson
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My colleagues and I stumbled upon this restaurant while we were in Robinson on business and what a pleasant, unexpect surprise!

The restaurant was nicely decorated and clean. Our waiter came to take our drinks order then came back with your drinks right away. The menu had quite alot to offer and all of the food we ordered was delicious.

If you happen to be in Robinson and want some tasty Mexican food stop into Los Jadines.

1  Thank FigPow

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have eaten at Los Jardines several times and been pleased every time. Food is good, service is quick, price is reasonable.

Talking with others who have not been as happy I think a lot of the difference is how the customer perceives and is perceived. I've noticed people who are happy and courteous are treated great! Customers who scowl and growl are treated courteously, but it is obvious the wait staff is not enjoying dealing with them.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't either

1  Thank Egbert A
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I visited here with a group of friends. The waiter was rude and went out of his to be unhelpful. Food was so,so.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This local Mexican restaurant isn't much differnt than the hundreds of small local Mexican restuarants all over the midwest. I call it Mexican comfort food. Having said that, food is good, portions good, nice varied menu, usally very fast and good friendly service. I think their mild salsa is better than most, it is made fresh. Hot spicy salsa is available on request. Margaritas are pretty good. Occasionally they sort of goof up on the orders and there is a big gap between people in a group getting their meals served, which is sort of irritating, you sit with a plate in front of you and wait and wait being polite until FINALLY they bring everyone else's food.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I grew up in Olney, but I lived in San Diego for the last 5 years, 3 miles from the Mexican border. I feel like a good judge of this type of food. The food is a great value...fresh, delicious, and great choices! There are several fish/chicken dishes my Mom can even eat on her special diet (Veracruz in the title.) The margaritas & sangria are authentic and tasty. They have a fun Sombrero tradition for your birthday. They will sing to you too. The staff is swift and business-like which may have been mistaken for a bad attitude. I also took 7 years of Spanish in school. The staff let's me practice with them and never makes fun of me! That is worth alot I think! This is one of my family's favorite restaurants to eat in Robinson for any style of food. We eat here several times a month. Even my picky 4 yr old nephew loves their free salsa & fresh chips. 4 stars!

1  Thank goldelox09