“Small town of Robinson, Illinois has great Best Western”

Baymont inn and Suites Robinson
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Robinson
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This sleepy town on the southeastern side of Illinois had some unexpected accomodations in the Best Western Inn of Robinson! I was surprised to find it there but was very pleased to stay in this hidden gem. It had every thing you'd expect to find at a Best Western....great staff, clean smelling, and comfortable. I look forward to another stay here when I'm in the area again. It is situated across from the Hershey plant that makes PayDay candy bars, but it was as quiet as a church there. Try this Best Western, you'll not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AllOvertheGlobe_12
skoontz, General Manager at Baymont inn and Suites Robinson, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for the nice comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us in our small town. If I could get Hershey to open their doors and build a theme park, I certainly would! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Gave the BW one last chance to see if they would upgrade their rooms since the new hotel Came in. Well they didn't/

Hotel is old and stale and needs a complete Make over, better beds (they suck) and pillows, a breakfast that you can actually eat. Cheerios just does not get it anymore.

An elevator in each segment is a must or at least a bell boy who can carry bags up the stairs since you do not have elevators. It may only be 2 floors but when you have a bad back it might as well be 50 floors.

Its time to modernize and spend some money on the place

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
skoontz, General Manager at Baymont inn and Suites Robinson, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are not a new property nor are we ultra modern in design, but we do pride ourselves in offering a clean, well-maintained, safe environment for our guests at a good value. Regarding upgrades; the furniture, beds, carpeting, vanities and lighting have all been replaced during the past four years with products specified by Best Western International and costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. We are currently in the first year of a three year design upgrade program and will be investing significantly more money. Our breakfast room and a few of our guest rooms have been completely remodeled during the past year. We are happy to carry your luggage if you let us know.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The Best Western was just OK for a one night stay. We went as a group, and had to chose rooms carefully, since there is no elevator and we had several people with mobility issues. The first impression was not the best. A group of men was hanging around the front door smoking, so we had to go through smoke going in and out. Check in was good and the staff was friendly and helpful. Our room (202) was spacious and clean. One issue was that the tub has many chips in it. The other issue we had was noise. 202 is next to the stairs, and since there is no elevator, at 6am, people started going down the stairs and the door closing woke us up well before the time we needed to get up. It is also next to the soda machine which was quite loud. Other rooms had some issues - one room had a weird smell, and another had air conditioner problems. The other rooms were also smaller. The breakfast room was quite small, with limited breakfast choices (toast, cereal, and a waffle maker) and only four tables. There was a big sign saying no food could be taken out of the room, so I'm not sure where people were supposed to eat. Most of our group ran over to the McDonalds which is two doors down. Overall, not a bad place to stay, but not the greatest.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The moment I put the key card in the door and entered my room, I knew I was going to enjoy my stay. Everything was clean and beautifully decorated. Everything I needed for my stay away from home was there. I have to go back in two years for another graduation and I will be staying there again, even though there is a brand new hotel a couple blocks away. I would give you five stars.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
skoontz, General Manager at Baymont inn and Suites Robinson, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor. I do appreciate your comments...all too often we hear the opposite at the property level.

We are continuing improve the property and are nearing the first year of a three year plan. We take pride in providing a clean, well-maintained, safe environment for all our guests.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Staff have always been superior, but 2014 trip, our car broke down, and the staff went well beyond expectations to ease our problems! They made us feel like favorite family members, and not simply two more customers. I/we would have referred this motel already, but this year's trip only improved our opinion and affection for the staff. (The location is pretty good, too.)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2013

As reported before, in over 20 years that I have been staying here, not, one, single, problem, ever. I stay about 10-12 times per year. Staff is excellent. Very helpful, in every way. the facility is very clean. Whenever I have had breakfast, everything was fresh, and coffee was hot, and the pots are ready to go, before 6:00 AM. Always look forward to a pleasant, comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We have stayed here numerous times going back 14 years. While the rooms are always clean and spotless, the beds are so hard that we are miserable. We wake up with back aches.The rooms are very no frill and the sheets and towels are as thin as they can be. I hate to even write this review because this is clearly a hotel that tries very hard to do a great job. They have excellent service.

We checked out and moved to another hotel after one night.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
skoontz, General Manager at Baymont inn and Suites Robinson, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for your time and constructive criticism. We depend on this feedback to continually improve this property and staff.

The pillows and mattresses are all specified by Best Western and we have little control over that. I have instructed or executive housekeeper to inspect the towels and to remove any that seem thin or are not up to specified weights. The mattresses are only a couple of years old and I will forward your comments to Best Western International.

Thanks for your patronage over the years. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Been to Baymont inn and Suites Robinson? Share your experiences!