“Friendly and high quality establishment”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Riverwoods
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 12, 2013

After driving eight hours, arriving here was heavenly. The front desk staff greeted us with bottled water and Rice Krispy treats, and were warm and welcoming. Spacious room / bathroom, extremely clean, quiet halls, and a wonderful breakfast in the morning that included eggs, sausage, biscuits, muffins, pancakes, yogurt, and just about anything else you'd want. This is a great base if you want to visit Ravinia or the Chicago Botanic Gardens, which are both a ten-minute drive. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth G
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for the great response. We will share will all the staff
Yes we also think that breakfast is the most important start of the day and it don't hurt if it taste GREAT. Cant wait to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

With forest trails on one side and a prominent corporate office on the other side, an extended stay at holiday inn is an opportunity to balance the hectic demands of work with a relaxed and peaceful personal time. The hotel is walkable from my place of work and I stayed there for an extended period of more than a month...With pleasant interiors, clean and tidy rooms, excellent hospitality and a decent breakfast spread, the hotel is ideal for business travellers....The shuttle service is certainly a boon for first time travellers....Above all, the best part of the package--friendly and hospitable staff, who are ever welcoming and always smiling...Their attitude gives a feel-at-home atmosphere and my special thanks to Yegor (whose happy smile, lights up the front desk), Roy and Louis (for the shuttle rides) and the housekeeping staff who were really helpful and supportive. All in all, an excellent option to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for the great response.
It was all our pleasure to have you stay with us. I will pass on to the staff the your commits they will love to see it hope to see you again soon

Reviewed August 1, 2013

For some reason, when I travel for business (which is 90% of my travel) I always seem to have "out of the ordinary" needs or issues that makes the front desk's tasks a little more difficult. Both Yegor and Nicole were accommodating, pleasant, professional, and just plain AWESOME while they worked with me to make sure that everything went smoothly. Once my check-in was complete, the housekeeping staff in the hallways all greeted me with genuine smiles as I headed to my room. By the time I got to my room, I truly felt welcomed. My room was clean and had everything I needed to make my stay enjoyable. Although they were still going through their remodel, my room was updated, clean, and had everything I needed to make my stay enjoyable. The bed and pillows were so comfortable and I enjoyed a good night's sleep! While there were restaurants and shopping areas within walking distance, there were NO sidewalks. However, their shuttle was available and I did not go hungry! YAY! I seem to have one consistent issue with all the Holiday Inns I've stayed at, which is that they don't have the BRAVO channel. What gives? I would definitely stay here again! Wonderful service and friendly faces!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

I will post this for the staff to see they love to see there names in lights.
We cant wait to see you again and welcome to the HI Express family ( we take care of our family who stay with us)

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Riverwoods last night. It is extremely close to my work and I've stayed here a couple of times before. Each time it has been under construction of some kind or somehow otherwise "broken". Last night was no exception. I got in pretty late and the man at the desk was nice. Got to my room, unpacked my stuff and went to change for bed. That's when I noticed the HUGE bathroom mirror was on the floor of the bathroom, completely blocking the toilet paper, etc. I was too tired to complain so I just worked around it. When I brought it to their attention this morning at check out, all they said was "Did you receive your bill? Thanks for staying with us." No " I'm sorry your room wasn't finished or anything." I think I'm going to give up on this hotel and stay elsewhere since this happens every time I stay there. Disappointing!

• Stayed: July 2013

Please accept my apologies for the mirror being off the wall.. As you can tell by other response's its not the way we do things around here. I'm sorry this happen to you the contractors went back into the room to repair and did not complete this
Please contact me I would like to speak to you and see how we can make it better

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Hotel staff is very friendly, they greeted us with a smile when we arrived and wanted to make sure our stay was pleasant. Free breakfast for a family of 5 makes it definitely worth the money. Room was clean andrecently renovated. Safe location. Close to the freeway, restaurants, and shopping.

• Stayed: July 2013
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you So much for the great response ,It comes easy to be friendly,
Its the core of hospitality We hope to see you again soon Stop by the desk so we can shake you hands and say THANK YOU

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I were attending a concert a Ravinia Music Fesitival. We live in the city and didn't want to drive 90 minutes home after the concert, so we stayed at this hotel. The hotel is in a great location for Ravinia, especially the free Park/Ride they offer from the train station. Very easy access. The hotel was clean, our room was ready, and the customer service was excellent. The breakfast was great.. very nice variety, and complimentary. One of the better complimentary breakfasts I have had from a hotel. Very crowded, with limited seating, but it seemed to work. We saw many families, so we felt the hotel was good for families, singles, anyone who would want a comfortable hotel at a reasonable price. We would stay there again for sure. The bed was very comfortable, slept like a baby!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for the great response, We are glad you had a great stay We think the breakfast rocks also, hope to see you again Stop by the desk and stay hi we would like to see you

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The staff were very welcoming. Nate gave us restaurant suggestions and even gave us coupons if we wanted to try particular ones. The breakfast they offered had tons of options, and didn't run out of anything. The room was clean and large. The price was decent, all things considered. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heather M
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. We will pass on the great response to Nate We hope to see you again soon and thank you for telling a friend you had a great stay

Stephen Lowe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverwoods
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
The Westin Chicago North Shore
Courtyard Chicago Highland Park/Northbrook
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire

Address: 2600 Lake Cook Rd, Riverwoods, IL 60015-3852 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites By Carlson)
Location: United States > Illinois > Lake County > Riverwoods
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Riverwoods
Price Range: $97 - $168 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire 2.5*
Our choice location is next to Deerfield, IL and is within close proximity to the beautiful city of Chicago and our major airport, O’Hare. Conveniently located only 1.5 miles from I-294 and 3 miles from the Metra Train Station, our location provides our guests quick access to the area's best attractions and businesses and allows you to be able to move in and out of the city with ease. To keep your workday moving efficiently, we provide a 24-hour business center with free Wi-Fi access, copy and print services, several personal computers and shipping supplies. If it is meeting or hospitality space you need, our Riverwoods Room can accommodate up to 50 guests and is perfect for meetings, seminars, trainings, corporate events, or banquets. It features complimentary coffee service and our sales team can help you with all your catering needs as well. Our serene and hospitable location is within driving distance of great area attractions which include Six Flags Great America, the Chicago Botanical Gardens, Ravinia Music Festival, Great Lakes Naval Museum and Station, Rivers Casino, Allstate Arena, Viper Alley and much more. For the sports enthusiast take time to catch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field, a White Sox game at Cellular Field, a Bears game at Soldier Field, a Wildcats game at Northwestern, or a Bulls or Blackhawks game at the United Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago - Deerfield / Lincolnshire Hotel Riverwoods
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Chicago - Deerfield / Lincolnshire
Holiday Inn Express Riverwoods
Holiday Inn Riverwoods
Riverwoods Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire Lake County, IL - Riverwoods