Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
$213
$175
$99
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$113
$99
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$81
ExtendedStay
$103
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$141
$125
Hampton.com
$93
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$169
La Quinta
$219
$119
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$170
$161
Homewood
All reviewsstayed herebiscuits gravycinnamon rollspancake machineroom was cleansoccer tourneyfree breakfastgreat hotelwould stay here againbuffalo grovehot tubthe maintenance manshort driveguest roomsgreat shuttle serviceparking lotfridge and microwave
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I recently stayed in a one bedroom suite at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites for three nights on a business trip. The location could not be beat, since it is essentially next door to my company. I had read the reviews here and was looking forward to my visit. I must say that I was surprised, however, because the hotel that I experienced during my stay does not align with the reports here.

First the good--I have to say that the staff was friendly, helpful, and efficient. I think they coudl tell that I just wanted to check in and get to my room, and they were very quick and to the point, and respectful as well. I appreciated the quality of the front desk staff. Also, the shower was great and hot.

Then the not-so-good--the room had an odd layout. If you opened the bathroom door and left it open, the hall to the bedroom was blocked. Wha??? So you couldn't leave the bathroom door open. Also, the desk in the living area faced the wall, so if you wanted to watch the TV while you worked, you had to turn your head over your shoulder. Not very convenient.

But the biggest problem was the mattress. After my first night I woke up and my hip hurt. I assumed I had slept "funny" and just limped around all day. After the second night, both my hip and my knee hurt (not a surprise, I figured, from all that limping). But when I woke up, I also noticed that the mattress was hard. And I like a "firm" mattress, but this was just "hard." And of course I then realized why I was having the hip trouble--it had to be the mattress. After I was home a few days with my Sealy pillowtop, I started to recover.

As for the rest, breakfast looked just okay. I can't face another microwaved breakfast sandwich, so I passed on it. The pool area seemed clean and was relatively inviting, but unfortunately I was just too busy to enjoy it.

Will I come back to the Holiday Inn Express in Deerfield/Riverwoods. No. There are other choices nearby that I have used and have found preferable. The price is good, but it just isn't worth it to me based upon the quality of the mattress. Perhaps if they upgraded I might reconsider.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sarahste
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I’m very sorry that our mattress wasn’t completely to your liking. We do tend to receive a good number of positive comments regarding our property, and I’m sure the design of our rooms are well received by most travelers.

Our staff does pride themselves on being one of the most welcoming and friendly in the city with them often having fun “competitions” to see who can get the most positive comments from our guests, so I’m very sorry to see that we missed on this. Please call me and I will upgrade you on your next visit in the future in hopes you give us another chance to WOW you.

Stephen Lowe

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Bed: comfortable with TONS of pillows, cleverly identified with "firm" or "soft" embroidered on the cases. Bathroom: TONS of towels; high-end toiletries; fabulous showerhead; grab bars and other safety features. Breakfast: MANY choices from a complimentary self-serve buffet -- yogurt, eggs, cereals, bagels, sweet rolls, pancakes, bananas, muffins, etc. Free WI-FI. Know that the pool and exercise room are glass-enclosed, so you will be on view. There is also a business center with computers. The staff is both professional and friendly -- Trevor, Gabe, Ally, Olga and others went out of their way to make sure that our stay was perfect. I would give this non-smoking property six stars if I could.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank illinois travelere
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for staying with us.
I will pass on your great review to our staff, WE love to see that hard work pay off when you love what you do its not work just FUN
See you again soon
Stephen

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very nice hotel with great service and convenient location. Great rooms and beds. Recommend. Location is very comfortable. Easy access to major highways to get to downtown and to WI. Pool is very clean and lobby looks really great.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Ph I
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

thank you for the great review we will share with our staff

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location, very clean and great looking rooms, perfect pool and great customer service. Recommend for business travel, families stay and any type of travelers. Great value in conjunction with really inexpensive room rates.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank hawthornwoods
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel while in town for a business trip. The check in was a breeze because they were pretty familiar with our company and how we need to pay for things on a certain credit card. They sent several faxes to our "home" company so that the hotel rooms could get paid for on the correct credit card. The breakfast was pretty typical of a holiday inn express, pancakes, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereal, cinnamon rolls, toast, bagels..you name it! They always kept it well stocked and I always saw about 2 employees down there managing the food and keeping it hot. The free newspaper in the morning is always a nice way to start off the day with something to read at breakfast. I stayed in a second floor room towards the stairs, and my goodness did it seem really noisy at night. Lots of doors slamming and people stomping down the hallways, not necessarily anything to do with the staff more just the people who were visiting there this week. They have a hot tub, pool, and a workout room; I tried out all three and they were satisfactory. I used the business center to check my e-mail, send faxes, and make couple of copies, it was nice and clean the equipment worked with no problems. They even have FedEx and UPS supplies if you need to send something out that day, they even told me they would drop it off at the nearest location if I needed them too. My only complaint is that i've stayed in several other Holiday Inn Express hotels throughout the country and most of them have Bath and Body Works shampoos, conditioners, and soaps; which are a million times better than the crappy ones at this hotel. When i'm flying, I never pack these to save space especially when I won't check my bag because I know they'll always be available at the hotel. It just an extra nice touch when they have nice soaps to use. I'll probably be traveling to this area again and I will continue to choose this hotel based on it's location.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor towards the stairs and it was noisy! My friend stayed in a room on the 3rd floor and said she never heard a thing all night! Next time i'm requesting a 3rd floor room!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Emily K
stephen l, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and the nice things you said about our hotel. We hope to see you again .we have started the new bath and body works bathroom amenities from hi express for your next stay please call on me I will upgrade you. Thank you again. Stephen Lowe general manager