Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Riverwoods
GreenLeadersBronze level
“beyond excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Bed: comfortable with TONS of pillows, cleverly identified with "firm" or "soft" embroidered on the cases. Bathroom: TONS of towels; high-end toiletries; fabulous showerhead; grab bars and other safety features. Breakfast: MANY choices from a complimentary self-serve buffet -- yogurt, eggs, cereals, bagels, sweet rolls, pancakes, bananas, muffins, etc. Free WI-FI. Know that the pool and exercise room are glass-enclosed, so you will be on view. There is also a business center with computers. The staff is both professional and friendly -- Trevor, Gabe, Ally, Olga and others went out of their way to make sure that our stay was perfect. I would give this non-smoking property six stars if I could.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank illinois travelere
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us.
I will pass on your great review to our staff, WE love to see that hard work pay off when you love what you do its not work just FUN
See you again soon
Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very nice hotel with great service and convenient location. Great rooms and beds. Recommend. Location is very comfortable. Easy access to major highways to get to downtown and to WI. Pool is very clean and lobby looks really great.

5 Thank Ph I
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
thank you for the great review we will share with our staff
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great location, very clean and great looking rooms, perfect pool and great customer service. Recommend for business travel, families stay and any type of travelers. Great value in conjunction with really inexpensive room rates.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank hawthornwoods
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Sioux City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel while in town for a business trip. The check in was a breeze because they were pretty familiar with our company and how we need to pay for things on a certain credit card. They sent several faxes to our "home" company so that the hotel rooms could get paid for on the correct credit card. The breakfast was pretty typical of a holiday inn express, pancakes, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereal, cinnamon rolls, toast, bagels..you name it! They always kept it well stocked and I always saw about 2 employees down there managing the food and keeping it hot. The free newspaper in the morning is always a nice way to start off the day with something to read at breakfast. I stayed in a second floor room towards the stairs, and my goodness did it seem really noisy at night. Lots of doors slamming and people stomping down the hallways, not necessarily anything to do with the staff more just the people who were visiting there this week. They have a hot tub, pool, and a workout room; I tried out all three and they were satisfactory. I used the business center to check my e-mail, send faxes, and make couple of copies, it was nice and clean the equipment worked with no problems. They even have FedEx and UPS supplies if you need to send something out that day, they even told me they would drop it off at the nearest location if I needed them too. My only complaint is that i've stayed in several other Holiday Inn Express hotels throughout the country and most of them have Bath and Body Works shampoos, conditioners, and soaps; which are a million times better than the crappy ones at this hotel. When i'm flying, I never pack these to save space especially when I won't check my bag because I know they'll always be available at the hotel. It just an extra nice touch when they have nice soaps to use. I'll probably be traveling to this area again and I will continue to choose this hotel based on it's location.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor towards the stairs and it was noisy! My friend stayed in a room on the 3rd...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Emily K
stephen l, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and the nice things you said about our hotel. We hope to see you again .we have started the new bath and body works bathroom amenities from hi express for your next stay please call on me I will upgrade you. Thank you again. Stephen Lowe general manager
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The "attic vent fan" kicks in daily, often at night, including at 11:35 pm on my last trip and it ran for 20 minutes. It is a sound like construction noise and it literally rattles the headboard.

I like this location as it is far enough away from the highway to avoid those noises, but I am thinking about other options now.

Room Tip: stay away from the rooms in the center of the building
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank OntarioTraveller18
stephen l, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Please accecpt my appoliges, Thank you for your posting we have had the attic fan serviced thank you. I would like to make it right please call on me for your next vist I will upgrade you
and ensure your stay is perfect
Boise, ID
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Great part of town with nice access to quality restaurants and the interstate. Staff was very helpful and they had nice touches like breakfast and cookies in the evening. Stairway leads to the second floor but it is not intuitive how to get to the 3rd floor. They had interesting swimming instruction going on at the hotel.

Room Tip: If you like the stairs choose the 2nd floor.
1 Thank Ken C
stephen l, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
We are glad you stayed with us. Thank you for your great response. Hope to see you again soon.
Mundelein, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My fiance and I spent one evening there for our anniversary and it was magnificent. The changes that Holiday in has made are lovely. The room was spotlessly clean and the design very modern. We stayed in the king jacuzzi suite. The jacuzzi was clean and everything worked. The bed was beautifully made and unbelievably comfortable and there were tons of pillows. They gave us so many towels and wash cloths as well. The staff were very nice and the hotel was very quiet. It was even nice outside as it is located near some woods. They offer fresh cookies in the evening and breakfast in the morning. We did not partake of either as we had dinner arrangements in the evening and wanted to sleep in late. There really isn't anything I can complain about. Definitely recommend giving them a go.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank inlovewithmusic15
Thank you for the great response please come back and see us soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverwoods
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield
4.0 of 5 stars 407 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Lincolnshire

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire
Address: 2600 Lake Cook Rd, Riverwoods, IL 60015-3852 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites By Carlson)
Location: United States > Illinois > Lake County > Riverwoods
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Riverwoods
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire 2.5*
Our choice location is next to Deerfield, IL and is within close proximity to the beautiful city of Chicago and our major airport, O’Hare. Conveniently located only 1.5 miles from I-294 and 3 miles from the Metra Train Station, our location provides our guests quick access to the area's best attractions and businesses and allows you to be able to move in and out of the city with ease. To keep your workday moving efficiently, we provide a 24-hour business center with free Wi-Fi access, copy and print services, several personal computers and shipping supplies. If it is meeting or hospitality space you need, our Riverwoods Room can accommodate up to 50 guests and is perfect for meetings, seminars, trainings, corporate events, or banquets. It features complimentary coffee service and our sales team can help you with all your catering needs as well. Our serene and hospitable location is within driving distance of great area attractions which include Six Flags Great America, the Chicago Botanical Gardens, Ravinia Music Festival, Great Lakes Naval Museum and Station, Rivers Casino, Allstate Arena, Viper Alley and much more. For the sports enthusiast take time to catch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field, a White Sox game at Cellular Field, a Bears game at Soldier Field, a Wildcats game at Northwestern, or a Bulls or Blackhawks game at the United Center. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago - Deerfield / Lincolnshire Hotel Riverwoods
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Chicago - Deerfield / Lincolnshire
Holiday Inn Express Riverwoods
Holiday Inn Riverwoods
Riverwoods Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago-Deerfield/Lincolnshire Lake County, IL - Riverwoods