“Bohemian Feast”

Cuisines: Czech
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This restaurant is a passage back in time for me. I travel back 40 years, when I was a kid in Chicago and the family went out for Sunday night dinner to eat Bohemian. The looks of this place have not changed, it is a neighborhood family restaurant. And the food has remained a great bargain and truly authentic.

I can't ever deviate from my favorites here. The fresh bread, the goulash soup, beef with dill gravy entree and for dessert you must get the kalackies.

This is not fine dining, this is great stick to your ribs fare that never disappoints.

1  Thank Jim K

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Of all the places in the Chicago area from which to choose for my Birthday dinner, I chose Riverside Restaurant. As usual our meals were DELICIOUS!!!! Simon is one of our favorite servers because he is so attentive, friendly, and efficient. Everything on the menu is home made and your dinner includes soup, entree, and dessert. The portions are large and the prices incredibly reasonable. If you are not familiar with Czech food you might not be familiar with some of the choices on the menu. Be daring!!! Try something new!!! You will not be disappointed because everything is delicious!!! Don't forget to try the blueberry apple squares for dessert. If you are looking for a TERRIFIC meal, Czech or otherwise, with friendly service in a warm and homey atmosphere, Riverside Restaurant is for you.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

As frequent travelers to the Czech Republic, we often need a taste of Czech food. While all the Czech places we have visited in the Berwyn/Cicero/Riverside feature wonderful food, this one has the best food for very reasonable prices. The beef with dill cream sauce is sublime! The ambiance is pretty generic "Chicago suburb family restaurant" so if you want style, go to Klas's in Cicero (which also has wonderful food) but return to Riverside for even better food.

2  Thank Janhuss
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Wide variety of Bohemian, Czech, and Polish entrees. I regularly patronize this establishment. Try the roast duck; it is excellent.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

I have been coming here since the 1980's, and visit every time I'm back in town.
It may be my favorite place to eat! The soups are delicious (liver dumpling is my must-have), the portions are plentiful, and the prices are reasonable. Nothing fancy about this place, just wonderful, home-cooked food served by a pleasant staff. They serve liquor but If I visit in the fall, I get a warm apple cider instead. I've eaten at a few other restaurants in the area (Czech Plaza is another good option), but Riverside is on the top of the list when I need a little taste of home!

1  Thank EverleighYours