“Tropical Drinks-cozy atmosphere”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Tiki bar
Reviewed December 17, 2011

A few girlfriends went to Hala Kahiki last night, with a coupon; it was so cool, cozy, and a get-away place just liked we remembered it over 30 years ago. Still have tons of tons of tropical drinks-some non-alcholic also. Neat place with tons of seating, had christmas lights all over with reindeer forms, etc. May return for a yearly get-away with an escape from husbands.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

This place had been here since the 60' s...great atmosphere, odd hours, call first, this place only has pretzels, I don't know who owns and manages this place, but they are not real bright....they need to promote this place, make sure the service is great, it is spotty, and they could make a killing on appetizers....they are afraid if you eat a little you won't drink as much, wrong, I usually have two drinks there, if I could eat a little I would drink more.....really worth going here however, and it can be romantic......

Reviewed September 12, 2011

This bar has awsome Hawaiian frutty drinks I know have two favorites Zombie and the Midori Colada they are awesome. If you are looking to take a girl out to a nice romantic bar i suggest to take her to Hala Kahiki its nice romantic and Hawaiian atmosphere. I do suggest you eat first because all they have is drinks and pretzels. I think they should start including appetizers they would bank if they did. But over all nice fun place though sometimes service sucks because they are a bit slow.

Reviewed January 12, 2011

Out in the 'burbs, this is definitely worth the trip if you love tiki. It is a wonderful time capsule of tiki culture. Be sure to check the hours before you go, we got there 2 hours before they opened on a Tues. (they open 7 pm on Tues.). Luckily, there was a mexican restaurant right down the street (pretty good food!). It is a 15 min. walk from the train station, which was fine when we got there, but we took a $5 taxi back to the station which was worth it to us. They supposedly have the the largest Witco collection & they are gorgeous! It is a very large place & has been open since the '60's. They only serve drinks, no food. The drinks are pretty good, I prefer them a little stronger. I was bummed that the gift shop was closed. Apparently, Tues. night is not the busiest. I love that they play polynesian music over the house sound system. The tiki bar back at home plays hip hop some nights & that just isn't right!