“Great drinks and great atmosphere”

Olive Black Martini and Wine Lounge
Ranked #18 of 23 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Olive Black is a retro 1940's Nartini & Wine Lounge with an authentic Spanish style Tapas menu, both live and virtual entertainment, leather living room groups, an outdoor patio, and warm rich colors and lighting to enjoy your special evening in.
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Have returned many times for their Wed night specials (50% off martini's and wine) with my friends and think this place is just great!!! The Dreamsicle martini tastes just like the ones you had as kids...except with alcholol...yummy!!!

Reviewed November 2, 2011

I was visiting Richmond for my best friend's birthday and she took us all to this "cute" little martini bar (Olive Black) she had been bragging about for over a year. I have to admit I was initially skeptical of what her idea of "cute" was, coming from the city and having regular acccess to the martini bars downtown. All I can say is WOW! I'm now confident that the owner must have bought one of the coolest martini bars in Chicago and moved it out to stixville (no offense Richmond). I initially tried one of their signature martinis (Mint Chocolate) and then switched to a new one on the specials menu, the Chocolate Covered Strawberry. OMG!!! To add to this, we had the pork tenderloin that had an apple/bourbon glaze on it (YUM YUM) and some Bacon Truffles (SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!) The service was excellent, and while we were there, they had a virtual concert (Diana Krall) playing on their HD wide screen. Although I am only out to see my friend about 3-4 times a year, I will definately make it a point to visit Olive Black on EVERY Visit!!

1  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I have gone to this place several times, and loved every time. Cozy, very Art Deco decor, would be fabulous for a flapper/prohibition era theme party.

Their drinks are well done, my favorites include the Prickly Pear margarita, the Filthy Dirty Martini, and the Effen Fresh.

They just introduced a new Tapas menu, which is great. The Olive Medley is a delicious combo of mixed olives, pepperoncini, and mozzarella in a citrus herb marinade with makes the olives pop! The large plate of the apple cider brined Pork Tenderloin amazes with an apple and red cabbage mixture, drizzled with an apple-bourbon sauce. So delicious. Pairs well with the Prohibition Era Sidecar.

For dessert, try the Bacon Truffles or the chocolate fondue. Yummo!!

All in all, this is a great place.

They have many events, including magic acts, music acts, and jewelry shows.

They also cater house parties with food AND cocktails.

1  Thank Ivy T
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is a truly a walk back into time !,their was a rumor the placed had closed soo not true the Apple ,and key lime martini are a must have . Take the time take the drive and enjoy a refreshing art nouveau style watering hole .

1  Thank kentwoosley
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I usually end the evening here paired with a dinner across the street at Paisano's (in Richmond, IL). The live music starts between 8 - 9PM and is very high quality. Types of music I have heard there...jazz, blues, broad-way and popular. Other recommendations..chocolate martini's and one of the desert torte's.

1  Thank Rmangun