“be sure to check your bill for extra add-ons and kids in the casino area??!?!”

Paisano's on Broadway
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Normally we LOVE this place - however I must say it was a HUGE shock to get the bill and have an extra $3 per person fee for bringing in a birthday cake . When I called to make the reservation they were informed it was for a birthday party - yet no one informed me that I would be charged for bringing in my own dessert- and even charged for people who didnt even eat the cake - but instead paid to order their own dessert. I think its very poor that when I called the OWNER he could care less and was extremely rude on the phone about it!!!. I will def be spreading the word to others about where to go if they are looking to celebrate a special occasion- and it wont be there unless they have an extra $3 per person to shell out - even if those people dont partake in the birthday treat brought in !!!

In addition - we had multiple young children with us and we were sat right next to the gambling area that strictly said " no one under 21 years" ... however if my son were to reach his hand back he would of been in that area, kind of an odd area to sit people with kids if you ask me.

Needless to say we will not be back anytime soon. I will be sure to spread the word as well to others !!!

2  Thank neville04

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Very busy for such an early time (4:30 Friday pm with a bus group). Group sat in the Casino room and we sat in the bar area because of overflow. Food very good and the calamari was the best. Service staff was very attentive. May come back for a special occasion if in the area.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Paisano's is definitely over priced and underwhelming. We had to flag other staff down repeatedly to ask if our waiter was still working our table. First time I have ever had veal ptarmigan that didn't come with spaghetti and it was cooked to death. Finally, everyone was served except my wife, waited well over 5 minutes for her dinner to come out after ours. Plates and empty beverages never removed from table. Waited an hour for check to come, not kidding. Wait staff needs to be retrained and food does not make up for poor service.

1  Thank Ray M
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have always enjoyed our visits to this restaurant. Ambiance and food had always been Excellent. Our last visit, however, was not as great. We were sat at the Gaming Room and the spell was broken. Noisy and intrusive.. We will make sure that next time we request a No-Gaming room. We also noticed that the food portions were smaller, was it our imagination?

1  Thank Jesus V
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Went with my wife, her sister and brother-in-law. Had a marvelous dinner and good martini's before hand. The pork chops were outstanding. Service is also very good. If you can ask for the casino room. Quieter and very fun things to look at while dining.

Been to Paisano's on Broadway? Share your experiences!