“Safe, cute, and friendly Inn”

Red Bud Country Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Red Bud
Red Bud Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Red Bud
Springfield, Illinois
“Safe, cute, and friendly Inn”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I am in the National Guard and the Holiday Inn was booked for the night so I asked around to see where else in Sparta it would be safe to stay in town. The hotel clerk at the Holiday Inn told me that no other hotel in Sparta was safe, so she recommended the Red Bud Country Inn. It was about a 15 minute drive from Sparta, which wasn't too bad. The hotel clerk was kind and thanked me for my service and gave me a military discount. The room was a little outdated but clean and cozy. I felt safe and slept well. I was told breakfast was served at 6 am but I had to leave around 5 am. The owner was kind enough to make a pot of coffee and talked to me while my car warmed up. I would stay again. :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Laura L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Waterloo, Illinois
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I needed a place to stay while my house was having some work done. My wife wanted to stay with her mother... I chose to go off on my own. The Red Bud Country Inn was a pleasant treat. I got the better end of the deal for sure. Great cable TV and a great atmosphere.
You’ll never find a hotel cleaner or a staff that will try harder to make your stay pleasant.
Red Bud is a quaint beautiful little town and has an excellent country inn to go with it!

Room Tip: They have rooms in every price range.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Thomas M
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Red Bud,IL is a quaint, small town. Has great places to walk and several sites within a 25-30 min. drive. It is also about 45 minutes to downtown St. Louis, MO. The Red Bud Country Inn was a great place to stay. It was clean and tidy. The owners couldn't be more friendly and helpful. I went out walking and got caught in a downpour. I came back to the motel a soaking, dripping wet rag!! The owners let me use their personal dryer to dry my clothes. They went out of their way to be accommodating and helpful. We've traveled and stayed at numerous places and I must say this was one of my favorite places to stay. In this day and age, it's nice to be greeted with a smile and have friendly conversation with respectable people. Stay there, relax, enjoy, see the sites in the little towns.Go visit the area to see the Fall colors. YOU'LL LOVE YOUR STAY!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 2013AJD
Chapala
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was a tough hotel to rate. Overall, I actually liked the place, but there were several negatives that frustrated me.

The room was large, comfy and very clean. The hot water was hot. The room had a reefer and microwave. I'm probably wrong, but I got the impression that this may have once been built for a hotel chain.

I passed through while traveling by bike. The clerk (owner?) wasn't happy that I wanted to keep my bike in the room. I can understand that, but the walls of the room were well-marked by previous travelers and I made sure the bike left no trace. I was concerned enough about her reaction to photograph the room. This was after I read the list of "rules" that I found in the room While I understand the frustrations of business owners who have guests walk off with their keys, etc, there's a polite way to make the point and there's a dictatorial way...you can guess which I found. The interesting thing is that I've stayed at much higher-end hotels and not one of them even so much as blinked when I asked to take the bike to the room. Obviously, they realized that an expensive investment is not going to be tossed around and rammed into walls.

Towels seemed to be rationed out...my room had exactly one bath towel, one face/hand towel, one wash rag snd one flower/shower towel. Once again, you were warned that you'd be charged if any went missing. Fair point, but the tone was...well, you know.

There was no breakfast offered of any kind. When I walked out into the lobby to see what was available, the same clerk looked at me rather suspiciously and asked if I wanted anything. I was embarrassed because I thought maybe I misunderstood what was promised in the rate. I said no sand she pointed out that they had coffee. I don't drink coffee, but I do like to have something on my tummy for energy before I hit the road on my bike. I actually got the impression that if I'd asked about the promised breakfast that she'd have gone into her personal quarters and dug up a couple of token pieces of bread. Her reaction made me feel like she thought I was about to go into the till! It was a really strange experience.

Besides the towel rationing and the marked walls, the bedspread needed to be replaced. It wasn't dirty, but very, very worn.

Overall, though, I'd suck it up and stay here again if I found myself passing through the area. While the clerk's suspicious attitude and sometimes-difficult-to-understand English made things less than pleasant, the price was very fair and the room was truly clean (excluding things that can't be fixed by a quick swipe of a rag...like the walls).

Room Tip: You don't have a door that leads directly outside, so you leave via the lobby. If you have room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Cheri H
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We selected to stay here based on other Trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. It is a very nice hotel and the rooms are spotless and larger than average. The beds and pillows were very comfy! Enjoyed our stay and would recommend staying there. The breakfast is only a continental breakfast but it was good.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Cari M
Bay City, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stumbled across this hotel after driving for 12 hours with my 2 children in a car with no air conditioning. It was very clean and comfortable. The owner was very hospitable and friendly. After staying the night, when on the road, my 5 year old stopped saying "are we almost there" and instead, "can we go back to the hotel". I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Christine D
Columbia, Missouri, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I learned about this Inn earlier this year and have stayed there twice now. It is nice to stay where you are cared for as if you were visiting someone's home. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, I appreciated having a microwave and refrigerator - as I was staying several days. I felt well taken care of. I will continue to make this my stop when I am traveling to Sparta, which was an easy drive away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Bud
Super 8 Waterloo
Super 8 Waterloo
#1 of 1 in Waterloo
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sparta
Best Western Chester Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sainte Genevieve
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in Sainte Genevieve
Briarwood Inn
Briarwood Inn
#2 of 4 in Sparta
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Festus - South St. Louis

Been to Red Bud Country Inn? Share your experiences!