“A neat novelty”

Hardy's Reindeer Ranch
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Rantoul
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We've been here a couple of times over the years, and our teens have been there more often to go through the corn maze in the fall. It's neat seeing the reindeer and walking around the grounds, through the Christmas tree farm, but there's not really a whole lot to do there otherwise. Still, it's neat to visit at least once.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We love to stop in whatever season it is. There is always neat things in the gift shop, and new reindeer to meet. The kids learn something new every time. Its just a few dollars a person to go into the pen and feed the reindeer and the kids just love it.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I took our three grandsons and nephew (all 5-8 years old). Had fun petting and feeding reindeer, running through remains of cornfield maze, driving pedal cars, and browsing their giftshop. A truly unique experience for this area!!

1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have been taking my grandkids to the reindeer ranch every December for the last 6 years. It's become a family tradition for the holidays.

The ranch is easy to find, west of I-57 in Rantoul, Illinois. There is a great gift shop and every year I manage to find something I can't get anywhere else.

In the gift shop you can purchase tickets for a meet and greet with the reindeer. A worker will meet you at the gate and let you into an area that is fenced but allows you the see the reindeer and also to feed them treats that the worker provides. The reindeers are friendly and the worker talks about them and takes questions. My grandkids never grow tired of this experience.

In the last few years they have added a new building where they serve food and some really good hot chocolate.

This is a great time for young and old alike.

3  Thank mkhmn
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This offers a gift shop and there are reindeers to see there too. We always go during the month of Dec. as a holiday event with our kids. During other times of the year they offer other activities to meet the seasons.