“Night Clerk otherwise occupied” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Quarters Inn & Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rantoul
The Quarters Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Rantoul B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Night Clerk otherwise occupied”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

After giving prior notice of a late check in (around 1:00am) when we arrived there was no desk clerk. We rang the service bell on the counter and still no answer. After several Minutes of waiting we went down the closest hallway in search of a hotel employee. We found the night clerk in the small laundry room next the reception desk with the door ajar, viewing a laptop computer and touching himself inappropriately (you can use your imagination and be accurate).

We did contact the hotel manager who was off that property at the time and he promptly handled the situation. We were told that the clerk apologized and promptly quit. I am just thankful that we did not have our children with us at the time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Narek_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tallahassee, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

The room did have a "kitchenette". So we had a Fridge and Microwave. No elevator. No wireless computer access in the room. Really a bare minimum room but Cheap and we weren't in the room very much. Slept well and weren't disturbed. Climbing the stairs and the distance from the parking lot was inconvenient. I guess I'm spoiled and need those extras like elevators, wireless connections, and a luggage carrier. We were offered a laundry cart to carry our "stuff", but how could we get it up the stairs?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BettyBoop1941
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2010

I planned a surprise anniversary getaway for my husband and the front desk personnel recommended the Illini Jacuzzi Suite .... it was wonderful! My husband absolutely enjoyed
the suite even though he is not an Illini fan. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. =) Since my husband and I both went to Chanute AFB, finding out that the suite we stayed in were originally 2 Bachelor Officer Quarters made it all the more memorable. The jacuzzi was wonderful, as was the hot tub. =D I would definitely recommend the suites. =) I don't know anything about the regular rooms.
There is free wifi in the breakfast room and lobby, and ethernet in the king suites I believe.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sold_on_HHI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2010

I would recommend this place to every one I know. The rooms were clean. The pool and hot tub were great. The staff were super friendly and went above & beyond to make us feel welcomed! :) We will definitely be back to stay again.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Bigtim2
Camano Island, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

This was a terrible place to stay! I would NOT recommend it to anyone. The hotel rooms were very bad. Wall paper pulling away from the wall with black mold under it, hair and dirt on the counters and in the drawers, dirty toilets upon checking in, stained and dirty sheets upon checking in, stained pillows, and when asked if we could get some nicer ones they couldn't find any without stains or a foul smell. Over all it was the worse place I had ever stayed.

• Stayed May 2010
Ofallon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

My family and I had a great time while staying at the Quarters Inn. The staff was super friendly and the heated pool was especially nice for family time. We also had an very nice continental breakfast with plenty of food and beverages prior to checkout. we will definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2010

Due to a marathon most of the usual hotels were booked in and around Champaign. Therefore we stayed at the Quarters Inn. The hotel was as expected for the price... neither lousy nor great.

The hallways were thin (about 5' wide) and musty. In addition, they echoed to the point where a small child sounded like the voice of God. No matter how quiet one tried to be in the hallway, the sound reverberated to and through every door. Fortunately the sound died down around 10:00am.

The room was for the most part, neat and clean and on the smaller side. No bugs or obvious dirt. A very small bathroom, a pair of double (not queen) beds, a very nice mini-fridge, microwave and TV graced our room. The room was somewhat dark, but passable. The bathroom contained a toilet, a sink, and a tub that has seen better days, along with a couple of shampoo "ketchup packets" and hotel soap.

The beds were smaller than queen (double I think) and very firm. Fortunately, I like firm beds, so I was happy, but if you like softer beds, then you may be disappointed.

The continental breakfast was okay with a variety of store bought bagels, bread, a couple of cereals, apples and bananas, juice and coffee. Nothing spectacular, but not too bad. The Inn had no other food accommodations other than a vending machine or two. As far as I could tell, there were no restaurants or fast foods within walking distance.

Though we didn't have time to use it, the indoor pool looked nice, but small.. about 25' x 15' with a small hot tub by its side. The area was very clean and tidy.

Bottom line... for the price ($72) it was exactly what we expected. If we had our druthers, we'd pay a bit more and stay somewhere else, but our overall experience was good.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rantoul
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rantoul
Magnuson Hotel Heritage Inn
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Champaign
Drury Inn & Suites Champaign
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana
Ramada Urbana/Champaign

Been to The Quarters Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!