“well run, clean, friendly staff, convenient location”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wheeler Ridge
San Francisco, California
“well run, clean, friendly staff, convenient location”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

for the price, this hotel was an ideal place to stay on the trip up and down california. It is well run, super clear, comfortable bed, very convenient. Nice lounge, free internet. We called ahead and they gave us excellent directions, noting the gps had trouble finding it because it is still so new. downside--no workout room, no pool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Temecula, California
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We have never stayed at a Microtel Inn, but we would definitely consider staying again after our experience in Wheeler Ridge! We were making our way up North and stopped over for a single night. We were quickly greeted by Sam, the manager, who was accommodating and helpful. This hotel is very clean, new, and modern. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but I adored the window seat, flat screen TV, and the refrigerator in the room is a plus. In addition, new bathrooms with modern fixtures and zero grime or mold are always pleasing! The bed was cozy,and breakfast was included! An awesome stay, and we would most definitely stay again in the future!
PS> Above and beyond customer service when Sam called to let me know that I had left a few items in my room. Thanks so much, Sam!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was our first stay at a Microtel Inn. The manager was very accommodating and we used an AARP discount to get a reasonable rate.
This appears to be a very new facility.
Our room was well maintained though a little small. My wife was thrilled with the TV channels offered with the largest selection we'd ever seen in any price range.
Free long-distance phone calls was another amenity we'd never seen before.
Bathroom was clean with a full complement of toiletries.
The breakfast had a couple of items not always provided in a continental breakfast.
The free Wi-fi connection was one of the best I've ever experienced.
We were provided with a mini-fridge but I understand that it's not standard in all rooms.
Standard rooms with a micro/fridge and in- room safe would make this property second to none.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This review is a bit late. I stayed here about 4 weeks ago and was asked by the Operations Manager, Sam Durrani, to leave a review of my experience. This was my first experience at this chain of hotels. I normally stay at Holiday Inn's or Hilton's but on this trip they were all booked. I drove around the Bakersfield area and ended up at Microtel. I was very surprised and worried by the sub $100 room rate, and expected to be greeted by a dirty, nasty room. I was happily surprised. The room was nice, modern, and clean. My initial thought was "IKEA".. Meaning, it was very modern and euro styled. That said, it was also very thin-walled, small, and gave off a feeling of cheap. It's hard to explain... Everything "looked" really modern, clean, and smartly laid out, but left a sugarless aftertaste. The rooms are very SMALL (Microtel)... Truth in advertising. If you're traveling with someone, look elsewhere. If you're alone and just looking for a room under $100- it's a great deal.

My one real complaint, which Sam quickly fixed.... I got to my room and unpacked. Laid down on the bed.. Then it happened... The hotel parking lot was empty yet they put a couple of people in the room next to me. I laid in bed and tried to relax but I could easily hear the cell phone in the next room, the TV, conversations, everything... The walls are very very thin. I called Sam and he put me in another room without a problem. My room also came with a free breakfast that was pretty typical for these hotels.

In all.. I'd say the place is a 10 out of 10 for cleanliness, style, and price.. It was a 7 out of 10 for comfort.. Think of going to IKEA and looking at the wonderful bedroom setup on the showroom floor. Then think of the feeling you get when you lay on the mattress. It looks great, it's new, but it's not really solid.. That's the best was I can describe my stay. Like IKEA, the price it right and most items will meet your needs (at least for the moment), but it's not really designed or priced to be a long term purchase.

I'm not slamming the hotel. It's very new and a very good value for what you get. The service is great and friendly! If you're looking for a normal sized room, thicker walls, sturdier furniture, truckers not sleeping in the parking lot, and simple stuff like ironing boards in the room, you're better off paying $20 more for another chain.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Monterey, Tennessee
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Online showed the hotel was booked solid. Took chance and stopped in anyway. The receptionist was pleasant and we were able to get a room on the 4th floor. Upon entering the room found it to be clean and orderly. Was late and tired so just went to sleep. Besides the pillows being hard and to large to use slept ok. Went to take a shower first thing the morning and found there was no shower curtain. The bathside towel was wet and put that way because the soaps were placed on top of it to show it was ready . When we addressed the issues with the receptionist in the morning she showed no concern. When I told house keeping, she to didn't seem to care. Just said "oh". So next time we will make sure to check out everything before going to sleep.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
#13 of 63 in Bakersfield
Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South
Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South
#34 of 63 in Bakersfield

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge? Share your experiences!