“not on our gps”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wheeler Ridge
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed here for one night while on a two-week road trip visiting family all over California. This was by far my favorite hotel during the trip. Everything is new and clean. Not much around, except some fast food places. We ventured 2 miles away to Don Perico Mexican restaurant - it wasn't worth the drive. Good chips and salsa; food is mediocre.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I encourage everyone coming towards Wyndham to have a stay at Microtel. One of the best hotels i have ever stayed in. Everyone gets treated the best here. Sam the manager there is always in his best attitude always doing the best to comfort you. Has all the things you need ready for when you need them. Your room is always clean and fresh so when your ready to come back all you need to do is lay in bed and relax. all the time im there i always feel welcomed i sure will be coming back. Really nice 5 star hotel i give it two thumbs up

Room Tip: every room is the best you can't go wrong
Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was not a planned stay for me. I got stranded when my cell phone/navigator, got stolen in the rest room at a nearby gas station, while I was washing my hands.
At 11 PM, I walked into Microtel tired and distraught, and was greeted, by the Mgr with a bright friendly smile, happy to see me as if he was expecting a family member. The decor in the lobby is warm and welcoming.
He gave me the best room available, with the amenities I requested. He was so nice, I actually chatted for another hour before I went to my quarters.
The room was very quaint, not large but very comfortable with furnishing with rounded corners.
In the morning I delighted at the sight of a vast open meadow and view of the soft rising eastern sun. I enjoyed the healthy choices they offer for breakfast as well.
I had spilled a little apple juice on the for and wiped it up with some napkins.
I expected to to see black grin on the napkins, as we all know some restaurant floor can look like.
But to my amazement, all I saw was clean wet napkins.
Way to go, Mr. Sam Durrani! You exude pride over your hotel and your work ethics show it.
Thank you for for making me feel at home.

Fondly,
V. Fuller, RN.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My choice location anytime I come this way. I've stayed twice and both times my room was extremely clean, the bed is heavenly, and it's a mini vacation just being able to spend the night or weekend here. The room is very stylish and comfortable. It's quiet and no distracting noise from other guests or rooms. The complementary breakfast was more than I expected with lots of choices and fresh food. I will always pick this hotel whenever I'm anywhere in this area. The staff is great, especially Mr. Durrani the manager. After a long drive he greets you with a smile and will do anything to make you feel at home during your stay. Thank you for keeping your standards high and providing such a great place to spend the night. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Mcvosburg
Reviewed April 5, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nice new motel located on I-5, 35 miles south of Bakersfield CA. Very small rooms but clean and everything you need for a short stay, comfortable bed and a decent continental breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stopped in late one night after trying the hotel across the freeway and it was such a different experience. Not only was the hotel newer, cheaper, and cleaner - the hotel staff was so friendly and helpful!! The room was spacious and impeccably clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
#13 of 63 in Bakersfield
Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South
Vagabond Inn Bakersfield South
#33 of 63 in Bakersfield

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge? Share your experiences!