Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wheeler Ridge
La Canada Flintridge, California, United States
“Mark D”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I was in need of a hotel in the Arvin, Ca area and, sadly, no one had a solid recommendation. A friend of mine remembered this hotel being built and suggested I make a reservation. Sam and his wife Aamna made us feel like old friends who have stayed at their hotel many times. Aamna remembered my name as soon as I walked through the door and we had not met until this time. She remembered we were checking in at the time I told her to expect us.The rooms were impeccably clean as was the entire hotel. The breakfast buffet was well stocked with many choices for both children and adults. The hotel is very quiet, which is very important to me. The beds and pillows were some of the finest, and I have stayed in many hotels coast to coast. I will stay here again when my plans call for a trip to this area.

Room Tip: Our room was on the south side and was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lebec, California
Reviewed June 24, 2012

If you happen thru this area and need a great affordable place to stay well this is it. The manager Sam is so nice and so is his wife Aamna they make you feel right at home. I have stayed in many many hotels all over and this was one of the most comfortable thus far. Great beds comfy pillows and so very clean. You can't find a better place around. Had the best experience here than in any hotel so far.

Room Tip: The manager Sam will fit any need you have
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Madera, California
Reviewed June 15, 2012

From the time we arrived until the time we left we couldn't have asked for a better motel experience. The gentleman working the desk, Sam Durrani treated us like family. He was there when we arrived around 10pm & when we left at 9am the next morning. The lobby, elevator, hallway and our room was spic-n-span! The continental breakfast was good, plenty to choose from. Clean motel and good rate, we would definitely stay there again! We will look for Microtel hotels whenever we travel in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed at Microtel,Lebec from April 1st to June 4th or 5th. Working 12hrs a day, 7 days a week. I was working night shift, A 10 man crew,we all stayed at Microtel. The staff put us in rooms where there was very little traffic or noise. We were treated like family by Sam, his wife and staff.We were treated so well,my wife and I stayed there June 6th on our way to S CAL, and again on the 9th on our way back home. Great place right off HWY 5, and great people. Don;t change a thing.
I tried to put this in earlier, but to submit this review tripadvisor wants my E mail address. I didn;t get to submit until I did. I do not 5 want E MAILS FROM THEM!!!!! I DID THIS BECAUSE OF THE SERVICE AND THE STAFF.

Room Tip: This is a great place to stay,great service and staff. A good place to rest when going to S. CAL for...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Culver City, California
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My car broke down on I-5 north. As anyone who travels knows, this can be a very frustrating and exhausting ordeal. However, I was fortunate in that I managed to make it off the nearest exit and find this charming establishment. The rooms are very attractive and the prices are reasonable. Most importantly, the staff is helpful, efficient, and friendly. Indeed, I was so pleased with my experience that I decided to keep my room for an extra two nights before having it towed to my final destination. I highly recommend this particular hotel to anyone looking for a quiet, friendly respite from the often precarious conditions of travel. The manager Sam Durrani was particularly courteous and attentive to my every need.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Me & my tired family were on the road just after midnight and wanted to stop for the night. So we called the Microtel 800# and were clear we wanted 2 rooms for right now. The woman made a reservation for us & gave us the Worldmark by Wyndym owner's rate. I asked if the hotel would have a reservation so quick and she said yes.

Five minutes later when we showed up, after midnight, the guy @ the desk was rude, and would not honor the reservation rate, and was haggling with us over $10. My father had just died, thus why we were on the road so late making our way to the Bay Area for his funeral, and this guy was holding up 7 people from just getting a decent night's sleep. He lost a $160.00 sale over $10 bucks. I questioned him about providing good, not even excellent, customer service and he said, "It was policy." Well his "policy" cost him $160 for 2 rooms he wasn't going to sell at that time of night anyway. Poor customer service, bad attitude is why we left, because the hotel looks new and neat.

About 20 minutes after we left he had the nerve to call us to come back. By then we were back on the road driving further to the hotel we stayed @ 2 weeks before when my father was still alive.

Sad, Disgruntled, & Disappointed by Bad Customer Service

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank BRN2SHN
Jay P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I understand the mix up from the 800# on the nights stay was intended for previous night. Phone agent mistakenly booked you for following night as it was booked after midnight. When we realized this had occurred, it was immediately corrected.

Please understand our policy. We charge a nominal fee for the third or fourth adult in a room. If an internet booking was for 2 adults and 3 adults show up, we still honor the same rate, however, we add the fee for extra person. I believe this policy to be a standard within the hotel industry.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Heading to LA from the north? Stay here before heading over the grapevine into LA and save a bunch on your first night. Just drive into LA the next morning. This hotel is brand new, and the rooms are very nicely appointed, although small. The rate is as cheap as a motel 6, and much cheaper than the worn out Ramada option nearby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
#34 of 63 in Bakersfield
Holiday Inn Express Bakersfield
Holiday Inn Express Bakersfield
#12 of 63 in Bakersfield

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wheeler Ridge? Share your experiences!