“Not my favorite”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Marriott missed the mark on this location. Front desk staff upon check in...neither welcoming or helpful. I am so used to being told about the ammenities of the hotel and being welcomed. Did not receive either.
Had it not been 11 o' clock at night, I would have asked for another room. This was far below Marriott's expectations of cleanliness and comfort. One of the queen beds looked like it had been slept in. Comforter ruffled, pillows flattened. Several of the towels had permanent stains. Tooth brushing remnants on and around bathroom mirror. Two of the pillows in the nicer bed smelled strongly of perfume.
The hotel itself is very modern and has obviously had some recent updates. I just wish the front desk staff and housekeeping crew had more pride in being part of the Marriott family.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Stephanie B
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Stephanie B,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy. I would like to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. It is our goal to impress all of our guests and I’m very sorry that did not happen. I assure you that your comments have been addressed with my staff to keep them from happening again. We take great pride in being a Marriott hotel, and we appreciate the opportunity to better our services for future guests. I hope that you will allow us an opportunity to make up for this on your next trip to Quincy.

Deb C.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were visiting family and friends in the Quincy area and decided to try the Fairfield again. It has been completely renovated and the décor is very modern and fresh. The room was comfortable and the morning breakfast was better than most. Everything was well stocked and Darlene, the attendant, was extremely helpful. We also used the exercise facility which was great. Definitely will stay on our next trip to Quincy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Connie H,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our new decor, our comfortable rooms, and our great complimentary breakfast! I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I was in Quincy on business and stayed at Fairfield for 5 days. The check in was efficient and amazingly pleasant. The room was more than sufficient and comfortable for my needs. The breakfast was more than I expected. I couldn't be be pleased with my stay and will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank hopefulangel

Dear Hopefulangel,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding our staff, your room, and our complimentary breakfast. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy; and we certainly look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

This Fairfield Inn is very nice - was just renovated in spring 2013. Rooms are nicely decorated, clean, and WIFI works great in the room (even on the third floor, which is where we were). The breakfast buffet has both hot (waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal) and cold (cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc.) items and is kept replenished throughout the morning. The pool is pretty small (3' and 4' deep sections) but was plenty big for our son to jump around and have a good time. There is also a whirlpool. The pool area is very clean and neat. The best part of this hotel is the friendly staff. Everyone we encountered from the hotel greeted us, asked if there was anything we needed, smiled, and seemed sincerely
interested in providing great customer service. This hotel and management are to be congratulated for the excellent customer service their employees display. It really does make a difference to your guests! We come to Quincy often and have stayed at Stoney Creek Inn and Town & Country Inn and Suites. This was the first time we tried the Fairfield and will be our hotel of choice in the future.

Room Tip: There is a meeting room and pool on the first floor, so might want to make sure your room is not loc...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear EBRNielsen,
Thank you so much for the nice comments regarding your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy. We love to hear all of the positive things that people are saying about our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stay here often and wanted to finally take a second to recognize the great service I get.
Mostly I just check in, work, sleep, leave. I don't usually need anything from the hotel. The only thing I have ever been less than impressed with are the breakfast sandwich things, but those are Marriott things, I'm sure the staff here would serve real, edible food if given a choice.
Great place, recommend it highly!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding the great service you received at the Fairfield Inn Quincy. Our staff is dedicated to providing the best service possible.
Again, thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have stayed at this Fairfield Inn on several occasions for work when I am in and around the Quincy Area. The quality of this hotel is what I have come to expect from Fairfield's Brand. The rooms are updated and are always clean upon arrival. My room always has a mini fridge, microwave, and a small closet for my belongings. The Wifi works great and is always free. Also, the breakfast is the standard breakfast at any Fairfield. I especially enjoy the fresh fruit and activia yogurt. I can't say that I have tried the pool but it looks clean. The workout room is small but nice for quick workout. If you want access to a full gym i would definatley recommend the Kroc Center in Quincy. It is the nicest gym in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Trevor P
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Trevor P,
Thank you so much for your nice comments about our clean rooms, amenities and our great breakfast. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and certainly look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Kind thanks,

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed one night and was pleased with the friendly and helpful reception upon arrival. Clean, quiet room. Manager on duty helpfully pointed us toward restaurant next door which was a nice short walk after being in the car all day. Breakfast area was clean and well stocked. Lovely staff from our arrival to our departure.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Wendy H,
Thank you so much for your nice comments regarding our friendly staff. Here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Quincy, we are committed to always offering the best customer service to all of our guests, all of the time. Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

K.M. Kenendy