“Review”
Review of Hampton Inn Quincy

Hampton Inn Quincy
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would recommend this hotel for several reasons: location, present staff, lobby as been updated and the rooms have been scheduled to be updated very soon. Pleasant staff. The quincy sirens went off and the staff was very informative about what was going on - sirens were due to high winds in the area. I would definately stay at this hotel when every I'm back in this area. Breakfest has a good variety and no problems hooking to the wirless internet in my room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This particular property is exactly what you expect in a Hampton: clean, convenient, quiet, and right-priced. I stayed one night last week while traveling through Quincy. The front desk staff was very helpful when asked for local dining suggestions. While the location is a few blocks from most restaurants, the quiet location makes for a restful sleep. (In what now appears to be a standard amenity for Hampton, the bed linens, including duvet covers are reportedly cleaned between every guest stay.) The breakfast area has benefited from a remodeling and looks very contemporary. I will most likely stay here again the next time I'm through the area.

Room Tip: If you're looking for views from your room, this isn't it. What you will find are clean, com...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Terry K
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed at this Hampton, a few times when I am working in the area. It is an older Hampton, but has always been good, clean, with a friendly staff. This time when I walked in I noticed they remodeled their lounge, breakfast area, beautiful. When I checked in I commented on the remodel, and was told the fitness room was upgraded as well. They were not kidding, it didn't just got a room make over, but all the equipment was new as well. I should note that the guest rooms have not been remodeled, but they are clean, neat, well and they have the duvet covers & sheets that Hamptons boast of. I have liked this Hampton in part because of the location near the downtown Quincy, where I can walk to nearby restaurants. If you travel all day, it is nice not to have to drive somewhere for dinner. If you like history, there are several historical markers on Lincoln-Douglas debates. There are some buildings in the area that could use some help, but don't let that deter you from walking around in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Carol D
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Conveniently located near all the important downtown venues - restaurants, convention center, shopping, churches, etc.

A newly refurbished lobby and breakfast area reflects the attention to guest comfort and convenience that are the hallmarks of this property.

If you have reason to overnight in Quincy, the welcoming spirit of the staff and the overall attention to detail, make this Hampton Inn an excellent choice.

Rather than make the 50 mile drive home after attending a performance at the Quincy Community Theater, or a Quincy Symphony concert, my wife and I always choose to stay at this Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 1, 2013

While the hotel was nice, they have a long ways to go to make up for customer service. The manager was extremely rude to people during breakfast and I was not pleased with how the staff treated me. I had to stay in Quincy because of my work. I have just started to travel for my company and I spent my first night at the Hampton and my second at another hotel. My second night was much more pleasurable, to say the least and I found just as nice of accomodations and was treated like a queen. This hotel needs to focus on how they treat guests. If I were a teacher, the Hampton would have flunked customer service for sure. I read some reviews about an awesome staff, they must have been on vacation during my visit. Again, the hotel itself was nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kris K
Reviewed February 12, 2013

As someone who travels frequently and has stayed at many Hampton Inns, this property was one of the nicer Hampton Inns I have ever been to. Everything appeared relatively new and was clean, including the fitness center. The room was quiet, the bed was comfy, and the breakfast was good. There was even a separate switch in the bathroom to keep the fan on all night since I am a light sleeper. The location in downtown Quincy is close to several restaurants and bars. I would stay here again and I wish more Hampton Inns could be like this one.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FP54321
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Location of the Hampton Inn in Quincy & front desk assistance is awesome! Skip the breakfast - not much on the fresh fruit. Pool & fitness center is very clean! Parking lot was treated for winter weather accordingly. Quiet rooms! Knowledgeable courteous staff!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo