“Loud Room”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loud Room”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed in room 215 which is a King suite with hottub. Room 215 is the first room to the left coming out of the elevator and just past the vending area. The room itself was large and nicely decorated and clean. Regarding noise, the air condition had an unusually loud fan and the noise level elevated when the compressor kicked on. Throughout the night, my wife and I were repeatedly awaken by the ice machine in the hallway that backed up to wall where the headboard for the bed was located. About every hour, the ice machine would emit a loud thumping noise that would last about ten minutes. Needless to say, the sleep disruptions made for extremely long business meetings the following day. I cannot speak as to the rest of the rooms but i would never stay in 215.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
CARMICHAEL
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Arrived @ stl arpt amid storms. drove up from stl ; rained all night; arrived qcy il @ 5am. Microtel allow us early check-in@ 10:30am slept 1 hour. Had lunch date went to room and slept till 3:00. Mgr Bob Daley was helpful with his suggestions.
staff was great' The morning meals were plentyful and well attended by staff.
I could go on, as you can see--this is the type of business model people want; ie to feel at home and safe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

NEW YORK
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Was in Quincy for my 30th High School Reunion and since I do not live around the area anymore, I looked to see what Wyndham properties were there. I chose the Microtel because it appeared to be the best deal and the appearance and reviews were desirable. The room was very well done and comfortable. Not a lot of sound could be heard through the walls and it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was a flat screen TV and free Wi-Fi.

KANSAS CITY
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our family stayed in a Queen Suite since we just have 2 children under the age of 3. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The room was very sheek. We even got 2 tv's in our room (1 by the bed and 1 by the sofa). Having the small sink and dining area was nice, but also very small. Fine if you're not needing to use it for too much.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

HIAWATHA
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The room was very small and almost claustrophobic, especially with the dark brown paint and decor. It felt like the walls were closing in. Also the mattress desperately needed replaced. It was sagging so baddling in the middle that it was somewhat horseshoe shaped.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

SAINT CHARLES
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We wpent two nights at your Hotel and were very pleased with the room, the service and the food. The room was very clean and I felt like I was at home in my own house as far as cleanliness and comfort. I would definitely stay there again.

FENTON
Reviewed September 26, 2012

As I was checking in the desk clerk, Eric, asked for my credit card. I gave him my Sams Club Discover card. Upon looking at the card he says,' Oh, you wouldn't have this if you knew all the bad things Walmart does." He tell me that Walmart was good when Sam Walton was alive, but now they are just putting small businesses out of business. Feeling uncomfortable and trying to hurry the check-in process along by getting him to be quiet I said, "This is the first time that I have been schooled in the economy when I was checking into a hotel." Unfortunately this did not end the conversation. He went on to tell me that he was a finance major and that entrepreneurs are what made this country and keep the economy going. He says that most people don't know this and he is just trying to let them know. By this point I am ready to leave, but since I am here with a wedding party I have no choice but to stay. He finally gives me my room key. My room is in one of the noisiest locations in a hotel, near the elevator and snack machine. Also the view is of the roof of the covered entryway-Not appealing. I contact the front desk to see if I could get a room with a better view. Am told that I cannot because I am on a group rate and cannot change. I then asked for a room further from the elevator and snack machine. He is able to get me a room on the first floor far away from the noise.

The breakfast area is extremely small. When we arrived at 9 a.m. there were not empty chairs. The food choices were terrible-bread, rolls and one waffle machine. The hot chocolate machine was broken. We opted to check out and eat at a nice restaurant.

The bed was very comfortable, but the room was small.

I would not stay at this hotel again or recommend it to anyone. Since this is the first Microtel Inn I have stayed at I am not sure I will ever try another.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

microtelqcy, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Quincy, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your concerns. I take all of them very serouisly. I am very sorry about what happened during check in and the other things that occured. I promise I have addressed all of your issues. I hope you can come back soon we would love to have you back as a guest.