I have stayed at Town and Country Inn and Suites a few times and have given it rave reviews, but each of those stays was only for one night. This time, we stayed for two nights and our experiences lead me to believe that we will never stay there again. Two things, actually. First, we left our room on the second day about 8AM and didn't return until 4PM. When we opened the door, it became immediately apparent that our bed hadn't been made. I checked the bathroom and found that we had new towels, but, upon inspection, we found that nothing had been done in the main room. As we left for dinner at 6PM, we stopped by the front desk to let them know. (I mean, if they are paying people to clean the room, it seems to me that they'd want to know if that job was being completed.) When we told the person on duty at the desk, his immediate response was NOT, "Oh, I'm so sorry! What can we do to make things right?" But, instead, he said, "They don't make up the beds if you leave anything on them - that's our policy." Well, in the first place, we didn't leave anything on the bed and we told him that, but he kept saying that this was their policy. Eventually, he did ask if we'd like them to go up and clean the room now, but by that time, the damage had been done. I may be all wet in this, but when I pay $100 for a room in a little place like Quincy Illinois, I expect to have my bed made at the very least. The second thing that happened was that there was some sort of fundraiser for the local high school going on in the community room. The entire lobby and downstairs areas were filled with people at the fundraiser, not to mention that EVERY parking spot in the lots (both front and back) was filled and people were parking anywhere they could in the non-parking areas. We circled the hotel three or four times and finally found ONE space to park (having not been warned about limited parking before leaving for dinner) and went inside to be met with the high school marching band adding to the festivities. Even in our room on the second floor, we could hear the boom-boom of the bass drums. It became very obvious that the hotel was more interested in the community event than it was in the hotel guests. It was NOT a good experience and, since Quincy has several other nice hotels, I will not be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casual, yet upscale, our independent hotel is conveniently located off I72 in Quincy. With a wide variety of room accommodations, you will be able to choose the right room for your needs. All of our guest rooms are spacious, elegant, well-appointed, and safe and quiet. Each room features complimentary high-speed internet, flat screen TVs with cable & HBO, coffeemakers, irons & boards and hair dryers. We also offer luxurious suites, which include a kitchenette, dining area and whirlpool tubs. In addition, we have many meeting and event rooms for any of your social, family, wedding, and corporate needs. We can handle all your catering needs and offer many menu options for groups from 4 to 400! We care deeply about our community and take pride in being an IHLA Green Certified Hotel. We are dedicated to your total comfort, whether you are a single traveler, a family, a business professional, or a couple looking for a romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Town & Country Inn and Suites Quincy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town And Country Inn And Suites
- Town & Country Hotel Quincy
- Country Inn Quincy
- Quincy Country Inn