“Bed bugs”

Eagle's Nest Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
“Bed bugs”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Been staying there off and on. Never have I stayed in such filth. Bed bugs galore. I did my bed check as I always do but there was no sign so I went to bed. I woke up covered in bed bugs. It was totally disgusting. Staff was horrible. They seemed to not really care.if it were my motel I would have called an exterminator immediately but they wrote it in a notebook and said have a nice day. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2014
Jackson B, General Manager at Eagle's Nest Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Josh:

We wish to thank you for reviewing the Hotel. Even though it was not a positive review, I wished to take the opportunity to respond to your concerns. In the hotel industry bed bugs are a very serious matter and hoteliers go to the upmost measures to make sure that the rooms are checked regularly.

Here at the Eagles Nest Hotel we use a highly reputable pest control agency. Our protocol is if we get a complaint, it goes directly to the General Manager's office. We then contact the pest control to come out and check the rooms for any infestation. This process is very extensive, from taking the pictures and the headboards off the walls, to looking thoroughly around the mattress and box springs. Not an item in the room is untouched. If there is evidence, then it is treated with special chemicals and thoroughly steamed cleaned. The two rooms located on each side of the infected rooms are also treated. It is a very costly process but one that we here at the Eagles Nest take very seriously. The pest control company has checked complaints and no infestation evidence has been found. We feel it is best to take the highest possible means to make sure that all rooms are properly inspected and clear.

On your remark on utter filth. I receive many compliments from guests (as noted in the many positive reviews over the last several months) frequently about the rooms, the many updates and renovations, and how clean we have made the Hotel. If you wish to call my office directly, I would be more than happy to discuss any issues that you may have had at the Hotel and do my best to make it right. We take tremendous pride in the work we have done here at the Eagles Nest and go to extreme lengths to make certain that our guests have a great experience at the Hotel.

First and foremost, the guest experience is the most important thing to us here at the Eagles Nest Hotel.

Again, I am sorry that your experience was not a good one and we strive to make every guest feel right at home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Alexis, Illinois
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stay at this hotel 2-3 nights a month. It has come a long way since my first stay and only getting better. The rooms are great size, always clean, and the bed are comfortable. The service I get when ever I walk in is always friendly, I am always created with a smile and if I ever have any kind of issue with my room they are really quick to make sure it is taken care of to my satisfaction. I will continue to use this hotel on a monthly basis.

• Stayed February 2014
Jackson B, Manager at Eagle's Nest Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
We wish to thank you for you kind review. We have strived to make the needed changes to the Eagles Nest Hotel and are working hard to make sure that the guests have a great experience. We look forward to your return trip back to our hotel.
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed February 8, 2014

A very cozy atmosphere. Decor represents our city very well. A great combination of classic charm with modern appeal. The staff sets the mood. They make the entire stay feel as if you were family staying for a holiday. You can tell they are proud to work there and strive to make your stay the best it can be. Very family friendly. Don't go to a big chain hotel. Keep your money local!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Yolanda K
Jackson B, General Manager at Eagle's Nest Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you are enjoying the new décor. We have worked diligently to make it a comfortable environment, that guests will enjoy. I appreciate the kind words about our staff and will pass them along. Come back and see us soon, here at the Eagles Nest Hotel.
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We like to stay at various hotels in the winter for a change of pace from being at home. Eagle's Nest is one of our favorite to visit. The unique one of a kind décor is awesome, I enjoy walking through the halls just looking at all of it. The staff has been very friendly both times we have stayed this winter. The 1st night we stayed was for their "Night at the North Pole" this was an awesome event geared towards families. We had a room as did 2 of our grown children and our grandchildren, we all enjoyed the fun filled evening. The 2nd time we stayed I had actually won the "Super Bowl Party" they had given away. It was an awesome night. We got to have a party in the lounge while the hotel supplied food for 20 guest. All of our guest had an awesome time. The lounge is very spacious. One of the nicest things I have seen about Eagle's Nest is they like to give back to the community by having various events and donating to the community. The dining area is also spacious and has an awesome view of the Mississippi. Breakfast is yummy and it wasn't just cold cereal and donuts they have eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy too. Overall I would rate the Eagle's Nest and awesome place to stay. Rooms are nice, hotel is clean, and staff is friendly. We will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: If you are traveling or just getting away with the family their "Family Room" is very nice...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for "Loving the Eagles Nest"! We love our guests and want them to feel very welcome. We sure appreciate your review and confidence in the changes that we have made. See you soon at the Eagles Nest Hotel.
Lewistown, Missouri
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is by far the best hotel my family and I have ever stayed in! The rooms are amazing. Decorations are one of a kind. Its very unique and each floor has its own theme. Rooms are very clean, as is the indoor pool. Very convenient. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013
We appreciate your recent review about the rooms and the new décor. We are so glad that you enjoyed it and that it felt like a great place to bring your family. Thanks again for staying with us and come back and see us soon.
Camden, Arkansas
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was very pleased with our accommadations and the price was great. The staff was very nice and friendly and very helpful. It is located right on the river with a great view of it from the dining room. It has an outdoor balcony to dine on but it started snowing and the temperature was -2 to 10 degrees at the time we were there so we were unable to enjoy it. We were there for my grandson's wedding.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor(nonsmoking) and there wasn't an elevator stop on that level so we...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your very kind review. Come back and see us during the Spring or Summer. The view from the balcony is the BEST around. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon. Thanks for suggesting us to your friends, as a GREAT place to stay!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Jack has brought this property back & it gets better all the time. His team is great, the service selfless, and you will love the breakfast buffet. We had an amazing weekend at The Eagle's Nest!

Everything about this team was service to the max. Cookies, soft drinks & popcorn available all the time. Nice indoor pool. Right on the Mississippi River.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Rick N
We are under new management, and are glad it shows. So many changes to the hotel have taken place and we are glad that the guests are enjoying their stay here at the Eagles Nest Hotel. Next time you are in the area, please come be our guest!