“Much improved.”

Dining options: Late Night
Quincy, Illinois
“Much improved.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had dinner at the Abbey one night last week. This was only our second visit since Quincy restaurants went smoke free. Before that, the Abbey simply stunk, the smell in the place was so bad you couldn't enjoy the food. The ovner of the Abbey was so opposed to the smoke free law, it made people not want to patronize his business. But with the passage of time, folks come back.

Now, the Abbey is a desirable place to dine, and is often quite busy. And the old stench is gone.

My wife and I both started with the French onion soup. It is a large bowl, and is among the best we've ever had, and easily the best in Quincy. The soup had lots of onions, it wasn't just a lot of broth. I had a steak, it was prepared perfectly and tasted great. My wife had one of the small plate chicken pasta offerings, and really enjoyed it too. Even though it was a small plate, she still had to bring some home after such a large soup.

We will be back, and we will surely have the onion soup again.

• Visited September 2013

• Thai first
West Central Illinois
“Shout out to our waitress here”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Abbey is one of the most reliably delicious restaurants in Quincy. However, on August 28, my husband and I visited, and we were blown away by the service. It was only 5:00, but the place was packed. However, we were seated immediately and were visited by the friendly, efficient server. We began with the half price "Abbeytizers" of loaded nachos. Yum! Then when we ordered our food, my husband ordered his usual tenderloin and I ordered the Monterey chicken sandwich with a salad rather than fries. When our meals came, my plate was the dinner portion of chicken with rice, not the sandwich. For some reason, I forgot that I had substituted the salad, and I said I should have had fries with a sandwich. My husband's meal did not have the advertised fries either. We both said we needed fries. It was really, really busy and crazy in there, so the mistake in the kitchen was understandable. The waitress apologized and made sure to bring a fresh sandwich for me as well as fries for me and my husband. It was several minutes before I realized I made a mistake, so I apologized to her, and she said that it was okay. In fact, she gave me a reduced price on my meal. She was right on the fries, and I was wrong, but still she had quickly made the changes and took off some of the bill. What a delight! I wish I could have gotten her name so I could tell her supervisor. This was a true picture of how far the Abbey will go to satisfy the customer!

• Visited August 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Awesome Restaurant”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

If your looking for a nice place that just isn't another bar, or a place to get top notch food with a fun bar to boot. This is the place for you. They have a top of the line menu with a wide variety of selections, great appetizers, and even better drinks. You can just kinda blend in from dinner to party! Try the blooming onion. Best in Quincy! When ever passing thru Quincy, this is a must evening for us. They have also added a little patio you can sit out at and eat.

• Visited July 2013
“Went for drinks”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Been here several times and always had good experiences. Went for drinks for a friends birthday and had a great time.

• Visited July 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“Always Great.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Not one bad thing to say about the Abbey. Food is consistently good. Great choice of beers by the bottle and on tap. Service is amazing. Always a line, but worth the wait!

Visited February 2013

Been to The Abbey? Share your experiences!