The Stoney Creek Inn is a nice family friendly hotel in the middle of the Quincy Business District Strip. This is not a 4 star hotel for sure, but the amenities they have are nice and sufficient for most travelers/visitors.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Any requests were taken care of spot on.
The rooms are very clean (I am a germaphobic person...and check the cleanliness first thing upon entering a room). The rooms are equiped with the usual stuff. BUT, the one thing that stands out, is that they take care of the furniture, bedding and carpets. Nothing was worn out.
They are eco-friendly at Stoney Creek Inn. So, if you are staying more than one night, the staff will make up your bed without changing the sheets (for 3 nights) unless you request your bed to be stripped daily. Also, extra towels are provided before you request them...
My only criticisms for this hotel are minor... the toliet paper sucks. We usually go buy some at the Kmart next door... a minor inconvenience. The other is a very typcial issue found in the majority of hotels/motels in this country (including 4 star hotels). The lighting is poor, as they use the lowest wattage possible to save energy. Also easily fixed...we bring a brighter light bulb for reading (Peter Greenburg, a travel expert) also states this about most hotels in his reviews).
This Inn has a better than average Pool Area, complete with a large indoor/outdoor pool and large hot tub. It is a very clean area, and the hot tub is well maintained. Most hotels have either treat their hot tub and pool with way too many chemicals that will burn your eyes, or make your skin itch terribly, or they don't put enough in to kill germs. The staff checks the levels frequently and keep a very good balance.
The breakfast room is roomy and has a nice fireplace and large tv. Patrons can use this area all day for family gatherings, or a place to hang and play games/cards. The breakfasts are typical of this type of Inn, providing basic fruits, yogarts, hard boiled eggs, toasts, waffles, syrup, jellies, peanut butter, jams, coffee, tea and juices.
This is a NON smoking hotel...and they strictly enforce it, as Illinois now is a clean air state with no smoking in public places. Smoking is allowed outside and they do have an area by the pool and a patio outside where patrons can smoke if need be.
The Inn also has a small bar, that is run by the front desk for those who want a libation. The drink menu is limited to beer, wine and BASIC drinks. It also has a tv, and a desk with a computer for guests to use. The internet is slow, but at least you can check email if needed. A printer is also provided.
All in all, this is a decent place to stay with reasonable rates. The Inn also has a couple of banquet and meeting rooms. I would recommend this Inn to anyone, UNLESS they are looking for a honeymoon type place, as there is no room service, and since it is a family oriented Inn there are usually some kids in tow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic town of Quincy, Illinois, offers visitors a chance to look back through time - and our Stoney Creek Hotel provides the perfect accommodations. With its rustic decor and enjoyable fireplace themed suites, our 72-room Inn will have you feeling like a 19th century settler, but with all the amenities the 21st century has to offer. Located in the heart of the tri-states region of Illinois, Iowa and Missouri, the Stoney Creek Hotel in Quincy is ideal for social reunions and business events, with meetings rooms large enough to meet most every need. And while you're not relaxing in our warm and cozy surroundings, step out into Quincy, and discover the city's picturesque architecture, thriving industry and lively community events. Twice recognized as one of the nation's All-American cities, Quincy has a 200-year reputation of treating its guests well. By taking good care of you, we'll ensure that Quincy's great reputation continues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stoney Creek Inn - Quincy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn Quincy Hotel Quincy
- Stoney Creek Hotel Quincy