Stoney Creek Inn - Quincy
$122
$109
Quality Inn and Suites Quincy(Quincy)(Great Value!)
$76
$78
$67
$79
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsindoor outdoor poolfront deskbunk bedshot tubwafflesplace to staybreakfast roomrestaurants and shoppingsmall barfull sizenice poolhome away from homehard boiled eggsrooms are cleanin townstaff was very friendlybreakfast staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband is working in Iowa and we needed to find a nice place close for him to drive to after work on Saturday. Stoney Creek will be our meeting spot as long as he is working in Iowa. The motel in general was very clean, staff was helpful and polite. Pool area was clean. Breakfast on Sunday morn was biscuits and sausage gravy, boiled eggs, waffles and then the usual muffins, cereal, etc. One convenient feature was the hair dryer also served as a night light! Pretty cool idea! I had forgotten my toothbrush and was provided a "free" one when I asked if they had toothbrushes at the front desk. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Definitely plan on staying here again and if given the opportunity, other Stoney Creek locations.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KADSIllinois
Reviewed July 31, 2014

When we checked in we had reserved a non-smoking room. Our non-smoking room smelled of smoke. We asked for a new room and were given one immediately. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The lighting could use some improvement in the room. It was close to lots of restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank CycloneIowa
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was disappointed with our experience at this hotel. Most reviews were positive, but that was not true for the many days we stayed there. The room was always very damp feeling. The window looked north, so the room was also rather dark, giving it a swampy feel. My son consistently had a stuffy nose when we were in the room, which I attribute to previous dogs having stayed in the room. We were on the first floor, so the noise level was fairly high. The room was rather small, as were the double beds. House keeping skipped our room one day for no apparent reason, so we ran out of towels. After discovering a large moth in our room, we asked housekeeping to remove it, but they did not, so I did, along with an earwig. The breakfast was basic, and the hard boiled eggs ran out most days. The hot tub was not working (jets or heat), even after the front desk person tried flipping the breaker. We left without being able to enjoy it. Several nights the entire pool area was closed due to rain, because the indoor and outdoor pool are connected under the wall, so when it rains outside the indoor pool and sauna and hot tub must also be closed since they are all housed in the same room inside.

Room Tip: Request a room not on the first floor. Go to breakfast early, before selection is limited. Before reserving, call to make sure the hot tub is working. Request a non-pet room. Request a room with a window not on the north side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank LisaD781017
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Inn - Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear LisaD781017, I share your disappointment with your experience and I assure you we can and will address those issues individually. Fortunately, as you pointed out, your experience is not the norm for our guests as other reviews will attest and I apologize on behalf of our entire staff that yours was an exception. Regarding the pool closing, because of our unique indoor/outdoor pool, we close the pool during storms that could produce lighting to insure the safety of all our guests. We take pride in our room cleanliness and also take special deep cleaning steps in all rooms previously occupied with a pet to insure those that follow do not encounter any discomfort. Again, I’m very sorry your stay was disappointing.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

this was the second Stoney Creek we have stayed at and they were both very consistent with each other. This stay was quiet, comfortable, clean and in a great location. If in town again we would stay here again, no question.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brett z
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Room very clean and comfortable. I found this location by accident. We are
traveling with a dog and so many places are picky, this chain accepts pets for a charge, but it was worth it. The people are friendly and the ambiance is nice. I would love to see this chain on the East coast. Will stay with this chain again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple