“Very nice hotel”

Stoney Creek Inn - Quincy
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is very well maintained. It appears to be a newer facility. Pool is indoor/outdoor. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good and breakfast room clean and well maintained. Would recommend to families visiting this area.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank mommoday

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We booked this hotel for 2 nights. Its a 12 Hr. drive from our home to Quincy IL. Because of the times we had to travel put us into Quincy at around 9:00 AM. I called the hotel and asked if it would be possible to get into a room if there was one available or at least put out stuff somewhere so we could pick up friends and they would be able to get into the car. The front desk person, Karen, proceeded to go over the check in and check out times with me ( as if I didn't know them already) and with an attitude, tell me that wouldn't be possible and to check in around 11 or 12 and she would see what she could do. At 12:00 We stopped by the hotel and I went in to see if we could get in yet. She left me standing at the counter ( keep in mind that the parking lot was empty, as it was the whole time we were there. They were not busy) acting like she was trying to find a room while doing other stuff. While I was left standing there, another man came in and was waiting his turn. He made chit chat with her asking how her day was. She told him, right in front of me, that its was hard dealing with people that were always trying to check in early or check out late. While this is a nice hotel, that pretty much did it for us. We wont be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Inn - Quincy, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Mur0 18, I sincerely apologize for any poor attitude shown to you and certainly for the feeling you were left with on your recent visit. We will immediately take corrective measures and address all of the issues you mention in your review with our entire staff. In our company, an upbeat, positive “yes we can help,” attitude is a part of our culture and anything less is not acceptable. Thank you very much for sharing and we wish you all the best.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We live local and stayed here to celebrate a family birthday. Great place to stay. Our room was Native American themed, king suite with a fireplace. Really wanted to bunk bed room,but not available, some convention in town. The pool was closed for awhile because of storms (in/out pool). Just asked the manager on duty to call when open and he did and we were off splashing. The hot tub was wonderful for us "old folks". But even the kids enjoyed it. Talk about a breakfast in the morning, lots of eats, including hot. Really enjoyed our stay and if we get the chance to do it again, this'll be the place to go.

Room Tip: Go to web site to view the different room types then choose. Or call and speak to a live person who...
3  Thank Sue C
Reviewed June 20, 2013

whenever we go to Quincy we stay at the stoney creek inn. they are accommodating to our needs and very friendly, from the front desk to the room services. even the maintenance man.
we have stayed at other stoney creek inns as well and they were nice also. we always look for one in route when we travel

Room Tip: third floor is quiet, get to the breakfast early 6:30 to 9:30
2  Thank bill k
Reviewed June 17, 2013

From the minute we checked in, with the helpful front desk to the arrival to our room we were very happy. The pool was wonderful as was the facilities! We enjoyed our stay so much that we want to make a tour of other Stoney Creek Inn's in the coming months!

3  Thank JDB b
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here for one night in June 2013 while on a quick overnight trip to Illinois. I had never stayed here before, but after reading the many positive reviews, I thought this place may be worth trying. I was not disappointed.

First of all, I wish I could give a "6" for service. Jo Ann was our first point of contact, as she not only checked us in but also did double-duty as the bartender in the lobby bar. She was above and beyond in the friendly-and-accommodating department, and as the hotel became busier (as well as the bar), she seemed to have zero difficulty juggling incoming guests as well as current ones. I don't think her smile ever left, or even faded. The check-out process was completed by Kathi the next morning, and because her name had surfaced in so many other reviews, I sort of felt like I was meeting a "celebrity". She was every bit as great as what I expected.

The room itself was big and clean. I agree that the hotel resembles something one might expect to find in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge... I almost felt like I was on a mini-vacation. Although I stay in many hotels/motels every year, I usually don't sleep well in them, but I had no problem sleeping in this one. The bed was comfortable, the temperature was perfect, and I heard no outside noise whatsoever.

I didn't partake of the breakfast, but that was by choice since we had to get on the road. It sure smelled good, though. I like the hotel's proximity to so many other restaurants and other services.

I wish I could have found this hotel sooner, as this was likely my very last trip to Quincy. If for whatever reason I ever am back, however, I'd stay here. And I would recommend it to others.

3  Thank Stormchaser1966
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We arrived at a very busy time, people were coming at Kathi from every direction. When it was my turn, she couldn't find my reservation. I knew that I had one so I went back out to the car to retrive the paperwork. When I returned, even more people had crowded in. Kathi took great care of all of them, even some that I would probably told to, "get lost." Anyway after she looked at my paperwork she appologized and couldn't understand why it wasn't in the computer and she went out of her way to accomidate me by getting extra blankets for my friend who travels with me and is always cold. I commend Kathi, highly because after being in Customer Service for several years, myself, I know how difficult it is to remain calm under the pressure that she was under.
I hadn't realized that Quincy had so many great sights, hope to return and we will certainly stay at the Stoney Creek Inn and hopefull Kathi will be there to greet us.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back side of the building. It looks out over a great wooded area and is ve...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends